[PDF] Getting It Published: A Guide for Scholars and Anyone Else Serious about Serious Books (Chicago Guides to Writing, Editing, and Publishing)
Posted on 2018-01-01, by luongquocchinh.
Author: William Germano | Publisher: University of Chicago Press | Category: Languages (Other) | Language: English | Page: 192 | ISBN: 0226288447 | ISBN13: 9780226288444 |
Description: Writers and publishers depend on one another, but it often seems as if they speak two different languages. Getting It Published is a lively, insider's guide to academic publishingâ€”a book that will tell you not only how publishing works, but how you can make it work for you. Written by a veteran editor with experience in both the university press and commercial worlds, the book fields the big questions in a scholar's life. Why do editors choose some books and decline others? How does a writer decide where to submit a project? How does the review process work, and why is it necessary? What can an author expect from a publishing houseâ€”before, during, and after publication? William Germano answers these questions and more, and along the way, offers encouragement, tips, and warnings. This savvy guide unravels the mysteries of publishing and walks you through the process from start to finish. You'll learn how to think about your book before you submit it and what you need to know about your contract. With wit and humor, Germano also addresses some of the finer points of publishing etiquette, including howâ€”and how notâ€”to approach a busy editor and how to work with other publishing professionals on matters of design, marketing, and publicity. Graduate students, recent Ph.D.'s, and experienced authors alike will appreciate the chapters on "Quotations, Pictures, and Other Headaches" and on compiling and editing collections and anthologies. "Scholarly publishing is a big, noisy, conversation about the ideas that shape our world," Germano writes, "Here's how to make your book part of that conversation.
Getting It Published: A Guide for Scholars and Anyone Else Serious about Serious Books (Chicago Guides to Writing, Editing, and Publishing).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34928
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Getting It Published: A Guide for Scholars and Anyone Else Serious about Serious Books (Chicago Guides to Writing, Editing, and Publishing)
- 2011-11-03Getting It Published: A Guide for Scholars and Anyone Else Serious about Serious Books
- 2009-02-02Getting It Published: A Guide for Scholars and Anyone Else Serious about Serious Books
- 2011-07-30Getting It Published: A Guide for Scholars
- 2009-04-02[request]Uva's Rigging Guide for Studio and Location - Removed
- 2011-07-13The Chicago Guide to Writing about Multivariate Analysis (Chicago Guides to Writing, Editing, and Publishing)
- 2009-10-13Getting It Published, 2nd Edition: A Guide for Scholars and Anyone Else Serious about Serious Books
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Getting Started with Linux: Guide for Beginners
- 2009-02-04Getting Published: A Guide for Lecturers and Researchers (Routledge Study Guides)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] UNIX System Security: A Guide for Users and System Administrators (Addison-Wesley Professional Computing (Paperback))
- 2018-01-25[PDF] SOLIDWORKS 2017: A Power Guide for Beginners and Intermediate Users
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Big Data Computing: A Guide for Business and Technology Managers (Chapman & Hall/CRC Big Data Series)
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Geothermal Heat Pumps: A Guide for Planning and Installing
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Behind the Walls: A Guide for Families and Friends of Texas Prison Inmates (North Texas Crime and Criminal Justice Series)
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Mapping Applied Linguistics: A Guide for Students and Practitioners
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Making the News: A Guide for Activists and Nonprofits
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Developing Women Leaders: A Guide for Men and Women in Organizations
- 2017-11-30[PDF] The Bloomberg Way: A Guide for Reporters and Editors
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Practical Horse Law: A Guide for Owners and Riders
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.