[PDF] Global Warming and Climate Change: What Australia knew and buried...then framed a new reality for the public
Posted on 2018-01-26, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Maria Taylor | Publisher: ANU Press | Category: Mathematics | Language: English | Page: 230 | ISBN: 1925021904 | ISBN13: 9781925021905 |
Description: 1988: coming to grips with a terrifying global experiment The Toronto conference statement made it clear that climate change would affect everyone. It called greenhouse gas atmospheric pollution an uncontrolled, globally pervasive experiment whose ultimate consequences could be second only to nuclear war. World governments were urged to swiftly develop emission reduction targets (The changing atmosphere: implications for global security, 1988). Relevant to both Australian and overseas audiences, here is the untold story of how Australia buried its knowledge on climate change science and response options during the 1990s going from clarity to confusion and doubt after arguably leading the world in citizen understanding and a political will to act in the late 1980s. What happened and why is a fascinating exploration drawing on the public record of how a society revised its good understanding on a critical issue affecting every citizen. It happened through political and media communication, regardless of international scientific assessments that have remained consistent in ascribing causes and risks since 1990. How could this happen? The author examines the major influences, with lessons for the present, on how the story was reframed. Key have been values and beliefs, including economic beliefs, that trumped the science, the ability of changing political leaders and the mass media to set the story for the public, as well as the role of scientists own communication over time and the use and misuse of uncertainty.
Global Warming and Climate Change: What Australia knew and buried...then framed a new reality for the public.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35676
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Global Warming and Climate Change: Prospects and Policies in Asia and Europe (Energy, Climate and the Environment)
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Global Warming and Climate Change (Science Foundations)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Global Crisis: War, Climate Change and Catastrophe in the Seventeenth Century
- 2017-11-15[PDF] Global Warming and Agriculture: Impact Estimates by Country
- 2017-04-05[PDF] Global Warming and the Built Environment
- 2017-02-17[PDF] Global Warming and the Built Environment
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Global Liberalism and Political Order: Toward a New Grand Compromise? (Suny Series in Global Politics (Hardcover))
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Ownership Structure and Corporate Performance: A Panel Data Analysis for the German Market (Europaische Hochschulschriften / European University Studies / Publications Universitaires Europeennes) [Ger
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Categories, Types, and Structures: An Introduction to Category Theory for the Working Computer Scientist
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Democracy, Expertise, and Academic Freedom: A First Amendment Jurisprudence for the Modern State
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Grief Counseling and Grief Therapy, Fourth Edition: A Handbook for the Mental Health Practitioner
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Democracy, Expertise, and Academic Freedom: A First Amendment Jurisprudence for the Modern State
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Categories, Types, and Structures: An Introduction to Category Theory for the Working Computer Scientist
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Climate Change: The Science of Global Warming and Our Energy Future
- 2011-12-26Frontiers in Understanding Climate Change and Polar Ecosystems
- 2019-06-12Read Online How Can I Stop Climate Change: What is it and how to help by Friends of the Earth in PDF / Epub
- 2019-05-06Encyclopedia of Global Warming and Climate Change
- 2019-03-23Encyclopedia of Global Warming and Climate Change
- 2019-02-24Climate Change The Science of Global Warming and Our Energy Future, 2nd Edition
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.