Posted on 2017-11-10, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Linda Kaplan Thaler | Category: Management | Language: English | Page: 160 | ISBN: 0804139121 | ISBN13: 9780804139120 |
Description: In Grit to Great, Linda Kaplan Thaler and Robin Koval tackle a topic that is close to their hearts, one that they feel is the real secret to their own success in their careers and in the careers of so many people they know and have met. And that is the incredible power of grit, perseverance, perspiration, determination, and sheer stick-to-it-tiveness. We are all dazzled by the notion that there are some people who get ahead, who reach the corner office because they are simply gifted, or well-connected, or both. But research shows that we far overvalue talent and intellectual ability in our culture. The fact is, so many people get ahead even the gifted ones because they worked incredibly hard, put in the thousands of hours of practice and extra sweat equity, and made their own luck. And Linda and Robin should know they are two girls from the Bronx who had no special advantages or privileges and rose up through their own hard work and relentless drive to succeed to the top of their highly competitive profession. In a book illustrated with a cornucopia of stories and the latest research on success, the authors reveal the strategies that helped them, and countless others, succeed at the highest levels in their careers and professions, and in their personal lives. They talk about the guts the courage necessary to take on tough challenges and not give up at the first sign of difficulty. They discuss the essential quality of resiliency. Everyone suffers setbacks in their careers and in life. The key, however, is to pick yourself up and bounce back. Drawing on the latest research in positive psychology, they discuss why optimists do better in school, work, and on the playing field and how to reset that optimistic set point. They talk about industriousness, the notion that Malcolm Gladwell popularized with the 10,000-hour rule in his book Outliers. Creativity theorist Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi believes it takes a minimum of 10 years for one's true creative potential to be realized. And the authors explore the concept of tenacity the quality that allows us to remain focused and avoid distraction in order to get the job done an increasingly difficult task in today's fragmented, cluttered, high-tech, connected world. Written in the same short, concise format as The Power of Nice and leavened with the natural humor that characterizes Linda's and Robin's lives and books Grit to Great is destined to be the book everyone in business needs.
Grit to Great: How Perseverance, Passion, and Pluck Take You from Ordinary to Extraordinary.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33333
- 2020-07-26Grit to Great: How Perseverance, Passion, and Pluck Take You from Ordinary to Extraordinary
- 2020-07-12Grit to Great: How Perseverance, Passion, and Pluck Take You from Ordinary to Extraordinary
- 2019-01-15Grit to Great How Perseverance, Passion, and Pluck Take You from Ordinary to Extraordinary
- 2019-01-10Grit to Great How Perseverance, Passion, and Pluck Take You from Ordinary to Extraordinary
- 2018-12-24Grit to Great How Perseverance, Passion, and Pluck Take You from Ordinary to Extraordinary
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Unleash Your Inner Company: Use Passion and Perseverance to Build Your Ideal Business [Audiobook]
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Cavalier: A Tale of Chivalry, Passion, and Great Houses
- 2017-10-14[PDF] Unleash Your Inner Company: Use Passion and Perseverance to Build Your Ideal Business
- 2020-09-13Yes Is the Answer: How Positivity, Passion, and Pineapples Will Transform Your Leadership and Your Life
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Understanding Wood Finishing: How to Select and Apply the Right Finish
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Dynamic Internet: How Technology, Users, and Businesses are Transforming the Network
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Winds of Changes: How the Internet and the Computer have Transformed our World
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Digital Stock Photography: How to Shoot and Sell
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Changing Cultural Landscapes: How Are People and Their Communities Affected by Migration and Settlement? (Investigating Human Migration & Settlement (Paperback))
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Manga Workshop Characters: How to Draw and Color Faces and Figures
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Third Wave Capitalism: How Money, Power, and the Pursuit of Self-Interest Have Imperiled the American Dream
- 2018-01-21[PDF] The Actual One: How I Tried, and Failed, to Avoid Adulthood Forever
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Earthly Powers: The Clash of Religion and Politics in Europe, from the French Revolution to the Great War
- 2018-01-19[PDF] The Gray Rhino: How to Recognize and Act on the Obvious Dangers We Ignore - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.