Posted on 2017-10-16, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Anna Winterbottom, Facil Tesfaye | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 282 | ISBN: 1137567619 | ISBN13: 9781137567611 |
Description: The Indian Ocean has been the site of multiple interconnected medical interactions that may be viewed in the context of the environmental factors connecting the region. This interdisciplinary work presents essays on various aspects of disease, medicine, and healing in different locations in and around the Indian Ocean from the eighteenth century to the contemporary era. The essays explore theoretical explanations for disease, concepts of fertility, material culture, healing in relation to diplomacy and colonialism, public health, and the health of slaves and migrant workers. This book will appeal to academics and graduate students working in the fields of medical and scientific history, as well as in the growing fields of Indian Ocean studies and global history.
Histories of Medicine and Healing in the Indian Ocean World, Volume Two: The Modern Period.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32458
- 2017-10-16[PDF] Histories of Medicine and Healing in the Indian Ocean World, Volume One: The Medieval and Early Modern Period
- 2020-05-27Medicine and Healing in the Ancient Mediterranean World
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Yoga for Health and Healing: From the Teachings of Yogi Bhajan, Ph.D.
- 2017-10-21[PDF] Battle Cry: Hope and Healing in the Battles of Life
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Fictional Dialogue: Speech and Conversation in the Modern and Postmodern Novel (Frontiers of Narrative)
- 2017-12-05[PDF] Automated Organizations: Development and Structure of the Modern Business Firm (Contributions to Management Science)
- 2011-12-09Midwives, Society and Childbirth: Debates and Controversies in the Modern Period (Routledge Studies in the Social History of Medicine) - Edited By Hilary Marland, Anne Marie Rafferty
- 2011-12-06Midwives, Society and Childbirth: Debates and Controversies in the Modern Period (Routledge Studies in the Social History of Medicine) - Edited By Hilary Marland, Anne Marie Rafferty
- 2011-11-10Midwives, Society and Childbirth: Debates and Controversies in the Modern Period
- 2011-11-09Hilary Marland, Anne Marie Rafferty - Midwives, Society and Childbirth: Debates and Controversies in the Modern Period
- 2011-11-03Midwives, Society and Childbirth: Debates and Controversies in the Modern Period
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Doctors, Folk Medicine And The Inquisition: The Repression Of Magical Healing In Portugal During The Enlightenment (Medieval and Early Modern Iberian World)
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Tarahumara Medicine: Ethnobotany and Healing Among the Raramuri of Mexico
- 2020-04-22Early Tantric Medicine: Snakebite, Mantras, and Healing in the Garuda Tantras
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Body and Emotion: The Aesthetics of Illness and Healing in the Nepal Himalayas (Series in Contemporary Ethnography)
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Blood Work: A Tale of Medicine and Murder in the Scientific Revolution
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Things of the Spirit: Art and Healing in the American Body Politic, 1929-1941 (Literature and the Visual Arts)
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Regenerative Medicine and Biomaterials for the Repair of Connective Tissues (Woodhead Publishing Series in Biomaterials)
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Precious Pills: Medicine and Social Change Among Tibetan Refugees in India (Epistemologies of Healing) (Epistemologies of Healing)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.