Posted on 2018-01-27, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Michael Engelhard | Publisher: University of Washington Press | Category: Biology | Language: English | Page: 304 | ISBN: 0295999225 | ISBN13: 9780295999227 |
Description: Prime Arctic predator and nomad of the sea ice and tundra, the polar bear endures as a source of wonder, terror, and fascination. Humans have seen it as spirit guide and fanged enemy, as trade good and moral metaphor, as food source and symbol of ecological crisis. Eight thousand years of artifacts attest to its charisma, and to the fraught relationships between our two species. In the White Bear, we acknowledge the magic of wildness: it is both genuinely itself and a screen for our imagination. Ice Bear traces and illuminates this intertwined history. From Inuit shamans to Jean Harlow lounging on a bearskin rug, from the cubs trained to pull sleds toward the North Pole to cuddly superstar Knut, it all comes to life in these pages. With meticulous research and more than 160 illustrations, the author brings into focus this powerful and elusive animal. Doing so, he delves into the stories we tell about Nature - and about ourselves - hoping for a future in which such tales still matter.
Ice Bear: The Cultural History of an Arctic Icon.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35704
- 2018-10-11Ice Bear The Cultural History of an Arctic Icon [Audiobook]
- 2018-08-04Ice Bear: The Cultural History of an Arctic Icon [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-22[PDF] The World of Ice & Fire: The Untold History of Westeros and the Game of Thrones [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Italian Cuisine: A Cultural History (Arts and Traditions of the Table: Perspectives on Culinary History)
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Only Connect: A Cultural History of Broadcasting in the United States
- 2017-12-18[PDF] The World of Ice & Fire: The Untold History of Westeros and the Game of Thrones [Audiobook]
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Gatsby: The Cultural History of the Great American Novel (Contemporary American Literature)
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Chop Suey: A Cultural History of Chinese Food in the United States
- 2017-10-23[PDF] The Cultural History of Plants
- 2017-02-17[PDF] The Cultural History of Plants
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Italian Cuisine: A Cultural History (Arts and Traditions of the Table: Perspectives on Culinary History)
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Chop Suey: A Cultural History of Chinese Food in the United States
- 2012-10-28The Cultural History of Plants by MARK NESBITT PDF - Removed
- 2012-05-27Wonder Woman: The Complete History (2004)
- 2011-10-10This New Ocean: A History of Project Mercury (The NASA History Series)
- 2011-08-31The Way of the Panda: The Curious History of China's Political Animal - Removed
- 2019-07-11The Simpsons A Cultural History (The Cultural History of Television)
- 2019-07-10Cheers A Cultural History (The Cultural History of Television)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Ice Ghosts: The Epic Hunt for the Lost Franklin Expedition [Audiobook]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.