Posted on 2017-12-24, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Cornelisse | Publisher: Martinus Nijhoff | Category: Non-fiction | Language: English | Page: 388 | ISBN: 9004173706 | ISBN13: 9789004173705 |
Description: Practices of immigration detention are largely resistant to conventional forms of legal correction because contemporary liberal democracies justify these practices with an appeal to their territorial sovereignty, a concept that thwarts the very communicability of individual interests in modern constitutionalism. However, this book argues that human rights in the specific context of immigration detention can function as destabilisation rights , subjecting to full legal scrutiny those claims that the national state presents as predominantly based on its territorial sovereignty. The resulting destabilisation of territorial sovereignty in both domestic and international constitutionalism will have ramifications for a number of instruments of migration control, the perceived necessity and legitimacy of which is almost exclusively based on the self-referential notion of territorial sovereignty.
Immigration Detention and Human Rights (Immigration and Asylum Law and Policy in Europe).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34676
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Philosophical Foundations of Human Rights (Philosophical Foundations of Law)
- 2011-11-15Children and Transitional Justice: Truth-Telling, Accountability and Reconciliation (Human Rights Program Series)
- 2011-08-04Children and Transitional Justice: Truth-Telling, Accountability and Reconciliation (Human Rights Program Series)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Myth of Universal Human Rights: Its Origin, History, and Explanation, Along with a More Humane Way
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Reading Humanitarian Intervention: Human Rights and the Use of Force in International Law (Cambridge Studies in International and Comparative Law)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Discursive Framings of Human Rights: Negotiating Agency and Victimhood
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Historical Dictionary of Human Rights (Historical Dictionaries of Religions, Philosophies, and Movements Series)
- 2017-12-27[PDF] A Re-definition of Belonging? (Immigration and Asylum Law and Policy in Europe)
- 2017-11-28[PDF] River Basin Development and Human Rights in Eastern Africa _ A Policy Crossroads
- 2017-11-25[PDF] The Stability Imperative: Human Rights and Law in China (Asia Pacific Legal Culture and Globalization Series)
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Caring Autonomy: European Human Rights Law and the Challenge of Individualism (Cambridge Bioethics and Law)
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Applying an International Human Rights Framework to State Budget Allocations: Rights and Resources (Routledge Research in Human Rights Law)
- 2017-11-01[PDF] The Universalism of Human Rights (Ius Gentium: Comparative Perspectives on Law and Justice) (English and French Edition) - Removed
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Net Neutrality Compendium: Human Rights, Free Competition and the Future of the Internet - Removed
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Extraterritorial Application of Human Rights Treaties: Law, Principles, and Policy (Oxford Monographs in International Law)
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Post-transitional Justice: Human Rights Trials in Chile and El Salvador
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Critical Perspectives on Human Rights and Disability Law
- 2017-10-15[PDF] CITIZENSHIP OF THE UNION AND FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT OF PERSONS (Immigration and Asylum Law and Policy in Europe)
- 2017-10-15[PDF] The Influence of Human Rights and Basic Rights in Private Law (Ius Comparatum - Global Studies in Comparative Law) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.