[PDF] Improbable Patriot: The Secret History of Monsieur de Beaumarchais, the French Playwright Who Saved the American Revolution
Posted on 2017-12-10, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Harlow Giles Unger | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 260 | ISBN: 1584659254 | ISBN13: 9781584659259 |
Description: Pierre-Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais was an eighteenth-century French inventor, famed playwright, and upstart near-aristocrat in the court of King Louis XVI. In 1776, he conceived an audacious plan to send aid to the American rebels. What's more, he convinced the king to bankroll the project, and singlehandedly carried it out. By war's end, he had supplied Washington's army with most of its weapons and powder, though he was never paid or acknowledged by the United States. To some, he was a dashing hero a towering intellect who saved the American Revolution. To others, he was pure rogue a double-dealing adventurer who stopped at nothing to advance his fame and fortune. In fact, he was both, and more: an advisor to kings, an arms dealer, and author of some of the most enduring works of the stage, including The Marriage of Figaro and The Barber of Seville.
Improbable Patriot: The Secret History of Monsieur de Beaumarchais, the French Playwright Who Saved the American Revolution.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34255
- 2013-03-19Improbable Patriot: The Secret History of Monsieur de Beaumarchais
- 2011-12-14Marines in the Revolution: A History of the Continental Marines in the American Revolution 1775-1783
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Britain and the American Revolution
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Forts of the American Revolution 1775-83 (Fortress)
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Biographies of the American Revolution: Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, John Paul Jones, and More (Impact on America: Collective Biographies)
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Voices of the American Revolution: Stories of Men, Women, and Children Who Forged Our Nation
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Uniforms of the American Revolution, 1775-81
- 2017-11-03[PDF] TTC Video - The American Revolution
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Uniforms of the American Revolution
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Growth of the American Revolution: 1766-1775
- 2018-01-27[PDF] JFK and the Reagan Revolution: A Secret History of American Prosperity
- 2018-01-02[PDF] A War of Religion: Dissenters, Anglicans and the American Revolution (Studies in Modern History) - Removed
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Engineers of Independence: A Documentary History of the Army Engineers in the American Revolution, 1775-1783
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Fierce Patriot: The Tangled Lives of William Tecumseh Sherman
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Labor and the American Left: An Analytical History
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Tennessee Patriot: The Naval Career of Vice Admiral William P. Lawrence, U.s. Navy
- 2017-11-26[PDF] America Enters the Industrial Revolution (History of America)
- 2017-11-20[PDF] George Washington's Secret Navy: How the American Revolution Went to Sea
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Patriot Pirates: The Privateer War for Freedom and Fortune in the American Revolution
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.