[PDF] Injury in Pediatric and Adolescent Sports: Epidemiology, Treatment and Prevention (Contemporary Pediatric and Adolescent Sports Medicine)
Posted on 2017-11-08, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Dennis Caine and Laura Purcell | Publisher: Springer | Category: Medicine | Language: English | Page: 250 | ISBN: 3319181408 | ISBN13: 9783319181400 |
Description: Providing a state-of-the-art account of the nature, distribution and determinants of sports injury in children and adolescents, this unique volume uses the public health model to describe the scope of the injury problem and the associated risk factors and evaluate the current research on injury prevention strategies as described in the literature. Thoughtfully divided in six sections, the nature of the young athlete and epidemiology of pediatric and adolescent sports injury are described first. Then an overview of the most common types of youth sports injuries as well as more serious injuries (e.g., concussions) and outcomes is presented, followed by a discussion of injury causation and prevention. Suggestions for future research rounds out the presentation. Each chapter is illustrated with tables which make it easy to examine injury factors between studies. Throughout, the editors and contributors have taken an evidence-based approach and adopted a uniform methodology to assess the data available. Ideal for physicians, physical therapists, athletic trainers and sports scientists alike, Injury in Pediatric and Adolescent Sports concisely and accurately presents the situation faced by clinicians treating young athletes and the challenges they face in keeping up with this growing and active population. Furthermore, the information in this book will be useful to allied health researchers and sport governing bodies as an informed basis for continued epidemiological study and implementation of injury prevention initiatives designed to reduce the incidence and severity of injuries encountered by young athletes.
Injury in Pediatric and Adolescent Sports: Epidemiology, Treatment and Prevention (Contemporary Pediatric and Adolescent Sports Medicine).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33261
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Master Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery: Sports Medicine - Removed
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Handbook of Critical and Intensive Care Medicine 3rd. ed.
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Davidson's Principles and Practice of Medicine: With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access, 22e (Principles & Practice of Medicine (Davidson's))
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Book of Changes and Traditional Chinese Medicine
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Motor Skills Training in Orthopedic Sports Medicine
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Davidson's Principles and Practice of Medicine: with STUDENT CONSULT Access - Removed
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Davidson's Principles and Practice of Medicine: with STUDENT CONSULT Access
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Harrison's Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, 2e
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Handbook of Critical and Intensive Care Medicine
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Electroporation Protocols: Preclinical and Clinical Gene Medicine
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Electroporation Protocols: Preclinical and Clinical Gene Medicine (Methods in Molecular Biology)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care Medicine: A Color Handbook (Veterinary Color Handbook Series)
- 2017-11-22[PDF] ABC of Learning and Teaching in Medicine (ABC Series)
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Textbook of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Introduction to Veterinary and Comparative Forensic Medicine
- 2017-10-25[PDF] The Young Athlete: Encyclopaedia of Sports Medicine
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care Medicine: Self-Assessment Color Review, Second Edition
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Evidence-Based Pediatric Oncology (Evidence-Based Medicine)
- 2017-10-04[PDF] ABC of Learning and Teaching in Medicine
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.