Posted on 2017-11-07, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Mohamed Shahabuddeen | Category: Law | Language: English | Page: 264 | ISBN: 019967082X | ISBN13: 9780199670826 |
Description: International criminal justice has undergone rapid recent development. Since the establishment of the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) in 1993, and the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) in the following year, the field has changed beyond recognition. The traditional immunity of presidents or heads of government, prime ministers, and other functionaries acting in an official capacity no longer prevails the doctrine of superior orders is inapplicable except, where appropriate, as in mitigation and the gap between international armed conflict and non-international armed conflict has closed. More generally, the bridge has been crossed between the irresponsibility of the state and the criminal responsibility of the individual. As a result, the traditional impunity of the state has practically gone. This book, by one of the former judges of the ICTY, ICTR, and the International Court of Justice, assesses some of the workings of the ICTY that have shaped these developments. In it, Judge Shahabuddeen provides an insightful overview of the nature of this criminal court, established on behalf of the whole of the international community. He reflects on its transformation into one of the leading fora for the growth of international criminal law first-hand, offering a unique perspective on the challenges it has faced. Judge Shahabuddeen's experience in international criminal justice makes this volume essential reading for those interested in, or working with, international criminal law.
International Criminal Justice at the Yugoslav Tribunal: The Judicial Experience.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33220
- 2017-01-11[PDF] International Criminal Justice at the Yugoslav Tribunal: The Judicial Experience
- 2018-01-11[PDF] International Criminal Justice and the Politics of Compliance
- 2018-12-13International Criminal Justice and the Politics of Compliance
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Crime, Criminal Justice, and the Evolving Science of Criminology in South Asia: India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh (Palgrave Advances in Criminology and Criminal Justice in Asia) - Removed
- 2012-01-20Strategic Security Management: A Risk Assessment Guide for Decision Makers - Karim Vellani CPP CSC Earned His M.S. From Sam Houston State University In Criminal Justice Management. He Is A Member Of The International Association Of Crime Ana
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The International Criminal Court and Global Social Control: International Criminal Justice in Late Modernity (Routledge Research in International Law)
- 2017-11-07[PDF] The Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia: Assessing Their Contribution to International Criminal Law (International Criminal Justice Series)
- 2017-10-26[PDF] The Realities of the International Criminal Justice System
- 2017-10-04[PDF] Universal Jurisdiction: The Sierra Leone Profile (International Criminal Justice Series)
- 2017-04-05[PDF] The Oxford Companion to International Criminal Justice
- 2017-01-10[PDF] The Oxford Companion to International Criminal Justice
- 2020-10-22The International Criminal Court in Turbulent Times (International Criminal Justice Series
- 2020-07-12Affective Justice The International Criminal Court and the Pan Africanist Pushback
- 2020-06-27Fictions of Justice The International Criminal Court and the Challenge of Legal Pl...
- 2020-04-14Transitional Justice in Ghana: An Appraisal of the National Reconciliation Commission (International Criminal Justice Series (25))
- 2019-03-25The Realities of the International Criminal Justice System
- 2019-03-20The Realities of the International Criminal Justice System
- 2018-01-10[PDF] International Criminal Law Practitioner Library: International Criminal Procedure (The International Criminal Law Practitioner) (Volume 3)
- 2018-01-07[PDF] International Criminal Law Practitioner Library, Vol. 1: Forms of Responsibility in International Criminal Law (The International Criminal Law Practitioner) (Volume 1)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.