[PDF] Isidore of Seville and His Reception in the Early Middle Ages: Transmitting and Transforming Knowledge (Late Antique and Early Medieval Iberia)
Posted on 2018-02-01, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Andrew Fear, Jamie Wood | Publisher: Amsterdam University Press | Category: Religion Other | Language: English | Page: 178 | ISBN: 9089648283 | ISBN13: 9789089648280 |
Description: Isidore of Seville (560636) was a crucial figure in the preservation and sharing of classical and early Christian knowledge. His compilations of the works of earlier authorities formed an essential part of monastic education for centuries. Due to the vast amount[-]of information he gathered and its wide dissemination in the Middle Ages, Pope John Paul II even named Isidore the patron saint of the Internet in 1997. This volume represents a cross section of the various approaches scholars have taken toward Isidores writings. The essays explore his sources, how he selected and arranged them for posterity, and how his legacy was reflected in later generations work across the early medieval West. Rich in archival detail, this collection provides a wealth of interdisciplinary expertise on one of historys greatest intellectuals.
Isidore of Seville and His Reception in the Early Middle Ages: Transmitting and Transforming Knowledge (Late Antique and Early Medieval Iberia).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35864
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Chaucer and the Child (The New Middle Ages) - Removed
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Joan de Valence: The Life and Influence of a Thirteenth-Century Noblewoman (Palgrave Macmillan The New Middle Ages)
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Street Scenes: Late Medieval Acting and Performance (The New Middle Ages) - Removed
- 2018-01-19[PDF] A Pernicious Sort of Woman': Quasi-Religious Women and Canon Lawyers in the Later Middle Ages (Studies in Medieval and Early Modern Canon Law)
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Medieval Religion and its Anxieties: History and Mystery in the Other Middle Ages (The New Middle Ages)
- 2018-01-14Saint Vincent Ferrer, His World and Life; Religion and Society in Late Medieval Europe (The New Middle Ages) - Removed
- 2018-01-14[PDF] On Farting: Language and Laughter in the Middle Ages (The New Middle Ages)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] The Drama of Masculinity and Medieval English Guild Culture (The New Middle Ages) - Removed
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Women and Wealth in Late Medieval Europe (The New Middle Ages)
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Law, Marriage, and Society in the Later Middle Ages: Arguments about Marriage in Five Courts
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Thomas Aquinas and John Duns Scotus: Natural Theology in the High Middle Ages (Continuum Studies in Philosophy)
- 2018-01-01[PDF] England and Iberia in the Middle Ages, 12th-15th Century: Cultural, Literary, and Political Exchanges (The New Middle Ages) - Removed
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Authority and Subjugation in Writing of Medieval Wales (The New Middle Ages)
- 2017-12-30[PDF] The Language and Logic of the Bible: The Earlier Middle Ages
- 2017-12-28[PDF] The Divine Office in the Latin Middle Ages: Methodology and Source Studies, Regional Developments, Hagiography.
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Rediscovering Sainthood in Italy: Hagiography and the Late Antique Past in Medieval Ravenna (The New Middle Ages) - Removed
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Logic and Language in the Middle Ages: A Volume in Honour of Sten Ebbesen (Investigating Medieval Philosophy)
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Manmade Marvels in Medieval Culture and Literature (The New Middle Ages)
- 2017-12-05[PDF] Medieval Fantasy as Performance: The Society for Creative Anachronism and the Current Middle Ages
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.