Posted on 2017-11-24, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Idith Zertal | Publisher: Cambridge University Press | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 258 | ISBN: 0521850967 | ISBN13: 9780521850964 |
Description: The ghost of the Holocaust is ever present in Israel, in the lives and nightmares of the survivors and in the absence of the victims. In this compelling and disturbing analysis, Idith Zertal, a leading member of the new generation of revisionist historians in Israel, considers the ways Israel has used the memory of the Holocaust to define and legitimize its existence and politics. Drawing on a wide range of sources, the author exposes the pivotal role of the Holocaust in Israel's public sphere, in its project of nation building, its politics of power, and its perception of the conflict with the Palestinians. She argues that the centrality of the Holocaust has led to a culture of death and victimhood that permeates Israel's society and self-image. For the updated paperback edition of the book, Tony Judt, the world-renowned historian and political commentator, has contributed a foreword in which he writes of Zertal's courage, the originality of her work, and the "unforgiving honesty with which she looks at the moral condition of her own country."
Israel's Holocaust and the Politics of Nationhood (Cambridge Middle East Studies).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33759
- 2011-10-19Israel's Holocaust and the Politics of Nationhood
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Israeli Cinema: East/West and the Politics of Representation (Modern Middle East Studies)
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Biological Economies: Experimentation and the politics of agri-food frontiers (Routledge Studies in Food, Society and the Environment)
- 2011-08-20King Abdullah, Britain and the Making of Jordan (Cambridge Middle East Library)
- 2011-05-03Jihad in Saudi Arabia: Violence and Pan-Islamism since 1979 (Cambridge Middle East Studies)
- 2009-07-20The War for Palestine: Rewriting the History of 1948 (Cambridge Middle East Studies).
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Popular Protest in the New Middle East: Islamism and Post-Islamist Politics (Library of Modern Middle East Studies)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] International Criminal Justice and the Politics of Compliance
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Terrorism and the Politics of Response (Routledge Critical Terrorism Studies)
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Broken English: Dialects and the Politics of Language in Renaissance Writings
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Why Mars: NASA and the Politics of Space Exploration (New Series in NASA History) - Removed
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Hegel: Religion, Economics, and the Politics of Spirit, 1770-1807 (Ideas in Context)
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Britain and the Politics of Modernization in the Middle East, 1945-1958 (Cambridge Middle East Studies)
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Broken Harmony: Shakespeare and the Politics of Music
- 2017-12-06[PDF] Israel's History and the History of Israel (BibleWorld)
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Security Theology, Surveillance and the Politics of Fear
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Feeling Backward: Loss and the Politics of Queer History
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Bazaar and State in Iran: The Politics of the Tehran Marketplace (Cambridge Middle East Studies)
- 2017-11-21[PDF] Purifying Empire: Obscenity and the Politics of Moral Regulation in Britain, India and Australia
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.