Posted on 2018-01-09, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Penny Francks | Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan | Category: Economy | Language: English | Page: 123 | ISBN: 1137576723 | ISBN13: 9781137576729 |
Description: This text offers an accessible guide to the ways in which our growing knowledge of development in early-modern and modernising Japan can throw light on the paths that industrialisation was eventually to take across the globe. It has long been taken as read that the industrial revolution was the product of some form of European superiority dating back to at least early-modern times. In The Great Divergence, Kenneth Pomeranz challenged this assumption on the basis of his evidence that parts of eighteenth-century China were as well placed as northern Europe to achieve sustained economic growth, thus igniting what has been called the single most important debate in recent global history. Japan, as the only non-Western country to experience significant industrialisation before the Second World War, ought to provide crucial and intriguing evidence in the debate, but analysis of the Japanese case in such a context has remained limited. This work suggests ways of re-interpreting Japanese economic history in the light of the debate, so arguing that global historians and scholars of Japan have in fact much to say to each other within the comparative framework that the Great Divergence provides.
Japan and the Great Divergence: A Short Guide (Palgrave Studies in Economic History).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35170
- 2016-12-04Japan and the Great Divergence A Short Guide
- 2017-11-28[PDF] The Marshall Plan: America, Britain and the Reconstruction of Western Europe, 1947-1952 (Studies in Economic History and Policy: USA in the Twentieth Century)
- 2017-10-25[PDF] State, Economy and the Great Divergence: Great Britain and China, 1680s-1850s
- 2018-06-03Japan and the Great War
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Olivia and the Great Escape (Stage School 6)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Beck and the Great Berry Battle (Tales of Pixie Hollow)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Religion and the Great Exhibition of 1851
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Consciousness and the Great Philosophers: What would they have said about our mind-body problem?
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Japan and the League of Nations: Empire and World Order, 1914-1938
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Japan and the Culture of the Four Seasons: Nature, Literature, and the Arts
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Japan and the Culture of the Four Seasons - Nature, Literature, and the Arts
- 2017-10-19[PDF] Japan and the Cosmopolitan Gothic: Specters of Modernity
- 2017-10-17[PDF] Japan and the Shackles of the Past
- 2017-10-12[PDF] Regionalism and Rivalry: Japan and the U.S. in Pacific Asia (National Bureau of Economic Research Conference Report)
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Japan and the Global Automotive Industry
- 2017-02-10[PDF] Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Japan and the Culture of the Four Seasons - Nature, Literature, and the Arts
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Japan and the Culture of the Four Seasons: Nature, Literature, and the Arts
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.