[PDF] King, Priest, and Prophet: A Trinitarian Theology of Atonement (Theology for the 21st Century)
Posted on 2017-12-09, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Robert J. Sherman | Category: Christianity | Language: English | Page: 304 | ISBN: 0567025608 | ISBN13: 9780567025609 |
Description: The doctrines of the atonement and the Trinity are central not only to the Christian faith but also to Christian systematic theology. Over the last decade or so, one or another theological interpretation of either of these doctrines has assumed pride of place among theologians. Before Robert Sherman, though, no theologian has ever dared to read the atonement in light of the Trinity. Most of the time atonement theories simply focus on the redeeming work of Jesus Christ, without any reference to Christ's relationship to the Father and the Spirit of the Trinity. But, as Sherman argues, Christ's atoning work is diverse and cannot be limited to one who ransoms our sins or to one who has victory over our sins (although in Sherman's view Christ's atoning work includes these tasks and more). He offers here a constructive theological proposal that connects Trinity with the rubrics of prophet, priest, and king to help explain Christ's atoning work. One can understand adequately neither Christ's multifaceted reconciliation of a complex humanity to God nor that reconciliations fundamental unity as God's gracious act apart form the Trinity. Without this framework, one will likely stress one person of the Trinity, one aspect of God's reconciling work, and/or one understanding of the human predicament to the exclusion of others and the detriment of theology, both systematic and pastoral. Sherman's constructive theological proposal suggests that we should recognize a certain correspondence and mutual support between the three persons of the Trinity, the three offices of Christ (king, prophet, priest), and the three commonly recognized models of his atoning work (Christus victor, vicarious sacrifice, moral exemplar). Sherman's book offers a well-nuanced and well-grounded constructive theology of Trinitarian atonement and is a significant addition to the Theology for the Twenty-First Century Series. Robert J. Sherman is Professor of Christian Theology at Bangor Theological Seminary in Maine. His work has appeared in such publications as the Scottish Journal of Theology, the International Journal of Systematic Theology, and The Journal of Religion.
King, Priest, and Prophet: A Trinitarian Theology of Atonement (Theology for the 21st Century).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34230
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Emerging Issues and Controversies in Infectious Disease (Emerging Infectious Diseases of the 21st Century) - Removed
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Quality Control and Safety Evaluation of Natural Products (Public Health in the 21st Century)
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Understanding Risk and Trust: A Short Conceptual Examination (Social Perspectives in the 21st Century)
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Persons, Parts and Property: How Should We Regulate Human Tissue in the 21st Century?
- 2011-11-07Managing Construction and Infrastructure in the 21st Century Bureau of Reclamation
- 2019-11-25Henry George and How Growth in Real Estate Contributes to Inequality and Financial Instability (Palgrave Studies on Henry George for the 21st Century)
- 2017-10-30Martin Luther's Legacy: Reforming Reformation Theology for the 21st Century - Removed
- 2012-09-27Global Markets and Financial Crises in Asia: Towards a Theory for the 21st Century
- 2012-09-02Global Markets and Financial Crises in Asia: Towards a Theory for the 21st Century
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Christ, Justice and Peace: Toward a Theology of the State
- 2021-03-18Inclusive Education for the 21st Century: Theory, policy and practice (PDF)
- 2021-02-18Inclusive Education for the 21st Century: Theory, policy and practice (PDF)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] River Science: Research and Management for the 21st Century
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Social Justice and Deep Participation: Theory and Practice for the 21st Century - Removed
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Nursing and Informatics for the 21st Century: An International Look at Practice, Education and EHR Trends
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Rebuilding the American City: Design and Strategy for the 21st Century Urban Core
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Photography 4.0: A Teaching Guide for the 21st Century: Educators Share Thoughts and Assignments (Photography Educators Series)
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Abuse of Evil: The Corruption of Politics and Religion since 9/11 (Themes for the 21st Century Ser.)
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Improving Quality in American Higher Education: Learning Outcomes and Assessments for the 21st Century
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.