Posted on 2017-11-04, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Reinhild Steingrover | Category: Non-fiction | Language: English | Page: 1 | ISBN: 1571135553 |
Description: Last Features is the story of forgotten films made during the time of German unification. With leftover GDR funds and under chaotic conditions, a group of young East German filmmakers produced around thirty stylistically diverse films. Most of these films were lost in the political upheaval of the Wende, disappearing until the 2009 Wendeflicks festival in Los Angeles brought them back for an international audience. Now available on DVD, these films provide unique insights into the generational struggle in the DEFA studio, East German youth culture in the 1970s, women directors at DEFA, the relationship between the artist and the state, and the protests of 1989. Last Features focuses in particular on the production group "DaDaeR," the creation of which in 1989 fulfilled a longstanding request by the last generation of DEFA directors for freer production conditions. Drawing on archival research and interviews with the directors, writers, and editors of the films in question, each chapter examines specific films from the last year of DEFA, contextualizing the analysis of these "last features" with a comprehensive discussion of the directors' overall oeuvres, the historical changes in the studio and the country, and the lasting importance of these films today. Reinhild Steingrover is Associate Professor of German and Film Studies in the Department of Humanities at the Eastman School of Music, University of Rochester.
Last Features: East German Cinema's Lost Generation.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33113
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Last Features: East German Cinema's Lost Generation
- 2011-11-04A Second Life: German Cinema's First Decades
- 2019-01-25East German Cinema DEFA and Film History - Removed
- 2019-01-11East German Cinema DEFA and Film History
- 2019-01-06East German Cinema DEFA and Film History
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Last Words: Considering Contemporary Cinema
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Last Minute Pharmakologie [German]
- 2017-12-08[PDF] New Directions in German Cinema (Tauris World Cinema)
- 2017-04-13[PDF] Propaganda and the German Cinema, 1933-1945 (Cinema and Society)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Last Words: Considering Contemporary Cinema
- 2010-08-12The Triumph of the Ordinary: Depictions of Daily Life in the East German Cinema, 1949-1989
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Turkish German Cinema in the New Millennium: Sites, Sounds, and Screens (Film Europa) [German]
- 2018-01-20[PDF] East German Intellectuals and the Unification of Germany: An Ethnographic View (Palgrave Studies in Social Science History) - Removed
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Political Epistemics: The Secret Police, the Opposition, and the End of East German Socialism (Chicago Studies in Practices of Meaning)
- 2018-01-01[PDF] A New History of German Cinema (Screen Cultures: German Film and the Visual)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Stasi: The Untold Story Of The East German Secret Police
- 2017-12-21[PDF] The People's State: East German Society from Hitler to Honecker
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Last Chance Reunion: Texas Cold Case/Texas Lost and Found
- 2017-12-20[PDF] The Origins of Leftwing Cinema in China, 1932-37 (East Asia: History, Politics, Sociology and Culture)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.