Posted on 2017-11-25, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Leslie Norton | Publisher: Mcfarland & Co Inc Pub | Category: Art related | Language: English | Page: 344 | ISBN: 0786417528 | ISBN13: 9780786417520 |
Description: The great Russian choreographer Leonide Massine was the most important figure in modernist ballet in the 1930s, known for works such as Gaite Parisienne and The Three-Cornered Hat. His versatility and scope made his choreography the most representative of the century. Whatever period he portrayed, his style flowed freely and unselfconsciously. His character ballets dealt not with stereotypes but individuals, and his symphonic ballets proved how great music could be employed without demeaning it. Like his mentor Diaghilev, he strove to bring music, painting, and poetry to his ballets. Massine was responsible for the first abstract ballet and the first true fusions of ballet and modern dance. This work provides a biography of Massine and a detailed analysis of his major ballets, including those for Diaghilev's Ballets Russes, the Ballet Russe de Monte Carlo, and American Ballet Theatre. The work integrates biographical study with an examination of Massine's works from an array of perspectives. By examining the music and composers, set design, and literary sources, it places the work in the larger context of the dance, opera, major visual art movements, literature, and theater of the period. Analyses of ballets include synopses, scenery and costumes, music, choreography, critical survey, and summary. The work concludes with an epilogue summarizing Massine's impact on the development of ballet in the twentieth century, and includes both informal and performance photographs.
Leonide Massine and the 20th Century Ballet.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33770
- 2017-11-25[PDF] American Art in the 20th Century: Painting and Sculpture 1913-1993 (Art & Design)
- 2017-11-11[PDF] America Between the Civil War and the 20th Century: 1865 to 1900 (Documenting America: the Primary Source Documents of a Nation)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Anarcho-Syndicalism in the 20th Century
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Mathematical Logic in the 20th Century
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Business Ethics and the 21st Century Organization
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Great mysteries of the 20th century (Eventful 20th Century)
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Secret Intelligence in the 20th Century
- 2017-12-06[PDF] Chess Highlights of the 20th Century: The Best Chess 1900-1999 in Historical Context
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Dutch Enterprise in the 20th Century: Business Strategies in Small Open Country (Routledge International Studies in Business History)
- 2017-11-18[PDF] American Art of the 20th Century: Painting, Sculpture, Architecture
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Douglas Fairbanks and the American Century
- 2017-02-14[PDF] Dutch Enterprise in the 20th Century: Business Strategies in Small Open Country (Routledge International Studies in Business History)
- 2017-01-06[PDF] American Art of the 20th Century: Painting, Sculpture, Architecture
- 2013-08-10America Between the Civil War and the 20th Century: 1865 to 1900
- 2022-07-19PENELOPE AND THE WICKED DUKE BY SOFI LAPORTE PDF
- 2022-07-16Free Download The Alpha and the Female Warrior PDF
- 2011-11-07Managing Construction and Infrastructure in the 21st Century Bureau of Reclamation
- 2011-06-11Utopia and Terror in the 20th Century (Audiobook) - Removed
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Machines of Leonardo Da Vinci and Franz Reuleaux: Kinematics of Machines from the Renaissance to the 20th Century (History of Mechanism and Machine Science) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.