Posted on 2018-01-21, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Gene Logsdon | Category: Non-fiction | Language: English | Page: 232 | ISBN: 160358725X | ISBN13: 9781603587259 |
Description: For more than four decades, the self-described â€œcontrary farmerâ€ and writer Gene Logsdon has commented on the state of American agriculture. In Letter to a Young Farmer, his final book of essays, Logsdon addresses the next generation?young people who are moving back to the land to enjoy a better way of life as small-scale â€œgarden farmers.â€ Itâ€™s a lifestyle that isnâ€™t defined by accumulating wealth or by the â€œget big or get outâ€ agribusiness mindset. Instead, itâ€™s one that recognizes the beauty of nature, cherishes the land, respects our fellow creatures, and values rural traditions. Itâ€™s one that also looks forward and embraces â€œright technologies,â€ including new and innovative ways of working smarter, not harder, and avoiding premature burnout. Completed only a few weeks before the authorâ€™s death, Letter to a Young Farmer is a remarkable testament to the life and wisdom of one of the greatest rural philosophers and writers of our time. Geneâ€™s earthy wit and sometimes irreverent humor combines with his valuable perspectives on many wide-ranging subjects?everything from how to show a ram whoâ€™s boss to enjoying the almost churchlike calmness of a well-built livestock barn. Reading this book is like sitting down on the porch with a neighbor who has learned the ways of farming through years of long observation and practice. Someone, in short, who has â€œseen it allâ€ and has much to say, and much to teach us, if we only take the time to listen and learn. And Gene Logsdon was the best kind of teacher: equal parts storyteller, idealist, and rabble-rouser. His vision of a nation filled with garden farmers, based in cities, towns, and countrysides, will resonate with many people, both young and old, who long to create a more sustainable, meaningful life for themselves and a better world for all of us.
Letter to a Young Farmer: How to Live Richly without Wealth on the New Garden Farm.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35526
- 2020-01-09Letter to a Young Farmer: How to Live Richly without Wealth on the New Garden Farm
- 2019-07-29@(Good) - Why You Should Read Who We Are and How We Got Here: Ancient DNA and the New Science of the Human Past by David Reich Online or Download [EPUB MOBI PDF]
- 2018-02-01[PDF] How We Live and Why We Die: The Secret Lives of Cells
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Never Too Late to Startup: How Mid-Life Entrepreneurs Create Wealth, Freedom, & Purpose
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Thomas Paine: Crusader for Liberty: How One Man's Ideas Helped Form a New Nation
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Supermarket Healthy: Recipes and Know-How for Eating Well Without Spending a Lot
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Unofficial Guide to Ancestry.com: How to Find Your Family History on the No. 1 Genealogy Website - Removed
- 2017-11-27[PDF] A Mans Guide to Pregnancy: How to live with a Pregnant Person (and get out of it alive)
- 2017-10-18[PDF] Toward a Small Family Ethic: How Overpopulation and Climate Change Are Affecting the Morality of Procreation (SpringerBriefs in Public Health) - Removed
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Life Hacks - Business, Mind & Health: How To Live A Highly Productive Life Everyday
- 2017-02-08[PDF] Thomas Paine: Crusader for Liberty: How One Man's Ideas Helped Form a New Nation
- 2017-01-19[PDF] Supermarket Healthy: Recipes and Know-How for Eating Well Without Spending a Lot
- 2020-12-19How to Live a Low-Carbon Life The Individuals Guide to Stopping Climate Change
- 2020-01-08Boys & Sex: Young Men on Hookups, Love, Porn, Consent, and Navigating the New Masculinity - Removed
- 2019-12-14Bloc by Bloc: How to Build a Global Enterprise for the New Regional Order
- 2019-09-07Possum Living How to Live Well without a Job and With (Almost) No Money
- 2018-10-08Who We Are and How We Got Here Ancient DNA and the new science of the human past - Removed
- 2018-08-16Who We Are and How We Got Here Ancient DNA and the New Science of the Human Past [Audiobook]
- 2018-05-10Who We Are and How We Got Here Ancient DNA and the New Science of the Human Past - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.