Posted on 2018-01-30, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Mary Vipond | Category: Misc | Language: English | Page: 400 | ISBN: 0773509178 | ISBN13: 9780773509177 |
Description: Mary Vipond's approach is based on the idea that the development of radio broadcasting was a process that involved equipment manufacturers, broadcasters, and "audiences/customers." She charts the expansion of these three groups, surveys the development of advertising and networking as methods of financing, and analyses the evolution of programming. From 1922 to 1932, radio administration was the responsibility of the Radio Branch of the federal Department of Marine and Fisheries. Vipond discusses the regulatory policies of the branch. She completes her study with an analysis of the period from the formation of the Aird Royal Commission on Radio Broadcasting in 1928 to the passage of the Radio Broadcasting Act of 1932. Between 1922 and 1932, virtually all Canadian broadcasting was in the private sector. The campaign in the early 1930s to institute a broadcasting system oriented more toward public service and the promotion of a national identity was partially successful. Vipond reveals, however, that the act that in 1932 set up the Canadian Radio Broadcasting Commission, now the CBC, was much weaker than has generally been recognized. She argues that this weakness was a consequence of the fact that, over the course of the 1920s, broadcasters, listeners, and politicians alike had built up certain expectations of radio which could not easily be disregarded.
Listening In: The First Decade of Canadian Broadcasting, 1922-1932.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35804
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Twenty-First Century Novels: The First Decade
- 2017-12-18[PDF] For the Record: The First Women in Canadian Architecture
- 2017-10-22[PDF] The First Decade of Living with the Global Crisis: Economic and Social Developments in the Balkans and Eastern Europe (Contributions to Economics) - Removed
- 2012-03-13Yakovlev Yak-23: The First Yakovlev Jet Fighters (Mushroom Yellow Series No.6124)
- 2012-01-08New In Chess: The First 25 Years 1984 - 2009, An Anthology - Removed
- 2011-08-26Apollo 11 - The First Giant Leap for Mankind
- 2022-07-26Reading Zadie Smith The First Decade and Beyond
- 2021-04-19For the Record: The First Women in Canadian Architecture
- 2021-01-08Ketamine for Treatment-Resistant Depression The First Decade of Progress
- 2020-12-08The Church of England in the First Decade of the 21st Century Findings from the Church Times Surveys
- 2020-06-02The First Decade of Living with the Global Crisis: Economic and Social Developments in the Balkans and Eastern Europe (Contributions to Economics)
- 2018-04-25Ketamine for Treatment-Resistant Depression The First Decade of Progress - Removed
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Proceedings of the First Symposium on Aviation Maintenance and Management-Volume I (Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering) - Removed
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Bulletproof Spirit: The First Responder's Essential Resource for Protecting and Healing Mind and Heart
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Art of the First Cities: The Third Millennium B.C. from the Mediterranean to the Indus
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Thebes in the First Millennium BC
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Writing between the Lines: Portraits of Canadian Anglophone Translators
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Finding Success the First Year: A Survivor's Guide for New Teachers
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Seed Starting-The First Step to Gardening
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.