Posted on 2017-12-13, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Terence Tao | Publisher: American Mathematical Society | Category: Mathematics | Language: English | Page: 373 | ISBN: 0821841432 | ISBN13: 9780821841433 |
Description: Among nonlinear PDEs, dispersive and wave equations form an important class of equations. These include the nonlinear SchrAÂ¶dinger equation, the nonlinear wave equation, the Korteweg de Vries equation, and the wave maps equation. This book is an introduction to the methods and results used in the modern analysis (both locally and globally in time) of the Cauchy problem for such equations. Starting only with a basic knowledge of graduate real analysis and Fourier analysis, the text first presents basic nonlinear tools such as the bootstrap method and perturbation theory in the simpler context of nonlinear ODE, then introduces the harmonic analysis and geometric tools used to control linear dispersive PDE. These methods are then combined to study four model nonlinear dispersive equations. Through extensive exercises, diagrams, and informal discussion, the book gives a rigorous theoretical treatment of the material, the real-world intuition and heuristics that underlie the subject, as well as mentioning connections with other areas of PDE, harmonic analysis, and dynamical systems. As the subject is vast, the book does not attempt to give a comprehensive survey of the field, but instead concentrates on a representative sample of results for a selected set of equations, ranging from the fundamental local and global existence theorems to very recent results, particularly focusing on the recent progress in understanding the evolution of energy-critical dispersive equations from large data. The book is suitable for a graduate course on nonlinear PDE. Readership Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in nonlinear partial differential equations.
Local And Global Analysis of Nonlinear Dispersive And Wave Equations.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34351
- 2013-09-10Local And Global Analysis of Nonlinear Dispersive And Wave Equations
- 2010-07-08Local And Global Analysis of Nonlinear Dispersive And Wave Equations
- 2017-10-18[PDF] Local and Global Methods of Nonlinear Dynamics: Proceedings of a Workshop Held at the Naval Surface Weapons Center, Silver Spring, MD, July 23-26, 1984 (Lecture Notes in Physics) - Removed
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Introduction to global analysis, Volume 91 (Pure and Applied Mathematics)
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Local and Global: The Management of Cities in the Information Age
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Local Hollywood: Global Film Production and the Gold Coast
- 2017-04-08[PDF] Local Space, Global Life: The Everyday Operation of International Law and Development
- 2018-12-12Cell-to-Cell Mapping A Method of Global Analysis for Nonlinear Systems
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Local and Regional Development
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Local and Regional Flaps in Head & Neck Reconstruction: A Practical Approach
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Local and Analytic Cyclic Homology (EMS Tracts in Mathematics)
- 2017-10-15[PDF] Time-Domain Computer Analysis of Nonlinear Hybrid Systems
- 2017-10-09[PDF] Applications of Global Analysis in Mathematical Physics (Mathematics Lecture Series, 2)
- 2017-02-14[PDF] Local and Regional Development
- 2018-10-31Qualitative Analysis of Nonlinear Elliptic Partial Differential Equations
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Field and Wave Electromagnetics (Addison-Wesley series in electrical engineering)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Differential and Integral Equations: Boundary Value Problems and Adjoints - Removed
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Differential and Integral Equations
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Differential and Integral Equations through Practical Problems and Exercises - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.