[PDF] Making Sense of Narrative Text: Situation, Repetition, and Picturing in the Reading of Short Stories (Routledge Studies in Rhetoric and Stylistics)
Posted on 2017-11-27, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Michael Toolan | Publisher: Routledge | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 284 | ISBN: 1138654841 | ISBN13: 9781138654846 |
Description: This book takes the following question as its starting point: What are some of the crucial things the reader must do in order to make sense of a literary narrative? The book is a study of the texture of narrative fiction, using stylistics, corpus linguistic principles (especially Hoeys work on lexical patterning), narratological ideas, and cognitive stylistic work by Werth, Emmott, and others. Michael Toolan explores the textual/grammatical nature of fictional narratives, critically re-examining foundational ideas about the role of lexical patterning in narrative texts, and also engages the cognitive or psychological processes at play in literary reading. The study grows out of the theoretical questions that stylistic analyses of extended fictional texts raise, concerning the nature of narrative comprehension and the readers experience in the course of reading narratives, and particularly concerning the role of language in that comprehension and experience. The ideas of situation, repetition and picturing are all central to the books argument about how readers process story, and Toolan also considers the ethical and emotional involvement of the reader, developing hypotheses about the text-linguistic characteristics of the most ethically and emotionally involving portions of the stories examined. This book makes an important contribution to the study of narrative text and is in dialogue with recent work in corpus stylistics, cognitive stylistics, and literary text and texture.
Making Sense of Narrative Text: Situation, Repetition, and Picturing in the Reading of Short Stories (Routledge Studies in Rhetoric and Stylistics).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33827
- 2017-10-26[PDF] The Rhetoric of Intellectual Property: Copyright Law and the Regulation of Digital Culture (Routledge Studies in Rhetoric and Communication)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Rhetoric of Intellectual Property: Copyright Law and the Regulation of Digital Culture (Routledge Studies in Rhetoric and Communication)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Making Sense of Construction Improvement
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Making Sense of Agile Project Management: Balancing Control and Agility
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Making Sense of the Census: Observations of the 2001 Enumeration in Remote Aboriginal Australia
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Making Sense of Social Movements
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Making Sense: For an Effective Aesthetics. Includes an original essay by Jean-Luc Nancy (European Connections)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Making Sense of the ECG Fourth Edition with Cases for Self Assessment Second Edition Set: Making Sense of the ECG: A Hands-On Guide, Fourth Edition
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Making Sense of Math: How to Help Every Student Become a Mathematical Thinker and Problem Solver (ASCD Arias)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Making Sense of Beliefs and Values: Theory, Research, and Practice
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Making Sense of Weather and Climate: The Science Behind the Forecasts
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Making Sense of Sensors: Implementing a Knowledge Pipeline
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Making Sense of War: Strategy for the 21st Century (Cambridge University Press)
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Making Sense of Madness: Contesting the Meaning of Schizophrenia (The Routledge International Society for Psychological and Social Approaches to Psychosis Book Series)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Making Sense of Echocardiography
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Making Sense of AIDS: Culture, Sexuality, and Power in Melanesia
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Making Sense of Clinical Examination of the Adult Patient: A Hands on Guide
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Making Sense of Acute Medicine: A Guide to Diagnosis
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Making Sense of Nature
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.