[PDF] Making Sense of the Census: Observations of the 2001 Enumeration in Remote Aboriginal Australia
Posted on 2018-01-29, by luongquocchinh.
Author: D. F. Martin | Category: Geosciences | Language: English | Page: 134 | ISBN: 0975122940 | ISBN13: 9780975122945 |
Description: Special enumeration procedures for Indigenous Australians were introduced in the 1971 Census, and have been a feature of the Australian national census ever since. In 2001, as in previous years, the Indigenous Enumeration Strategy (IES) involved the use of locally recruited, mostly Indigenous, interviewers and the administration of modified forms. This monograph presents the results of the first detailed comparative appraisal of the IES. Three CAEPR researchers observed the 2001 Census enumeration, each in a different remote-area context: Martin at Aurukun, a major Aboriginal township on Cape York Peninsula, Morphy at a small outstation community in the Northern Territory, and Sanders in the town camps of Alice Springs. The Australian Bureau of Statistics facilitated the research by granting the researchers status as official observers. The introductory chapter by John Taylor gives a brief history of the IES and sets the context for the research. The three case-studies form the central chapters, and are followed by a concluding chapter that summarises the findings and recommendations. While each locality had its unique characteristics, the authors found some common problems across the board which lead to general recommendations about the future design of the IES. They advocate a simplification of the enumeration procedure, the abandonment of the two-form structure, the focusing of the IES more narrowly on people in traditionally-oriented discrete Indigenous communities, and substantial changes in the design and content of any new special Indigenous census form.
Making Sense of the Census: Observations of the 2001 Enumeration in Remote Aboriginal Australia.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35780
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Making Sense of the ECG Fourth Edition with Cases for Self Assessment Second Edition Set: Making Sense of the ECG: A Hands-On Guide, Fourth Edition
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Making Sense of the Vietnam Wars: Local, National, and Transnational Perspectives (Reinterpreting History)
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Making Sense of the ECG: Cases for Self-Assessment
- 2017-10-22[PDF] Making Sense of the ECG: Cases for Self Assessment (2nd Edition)
- 2017-10-05[PDF] Making Sense of the Central African Republic
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Making Sense Together: The Intersubjective Approach to Psychotherapy
- 2017-02-07[PDF] Making Sense of the ECG: Cases for Self-Assessment
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Making Sense of the Vietnam Wars: Local, National, and Transnational Perspectives (Reinterpreting History)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Agency, contingency and census process: Observations of the 2006 Indigenous Enumeration Strategy in remote Aboriginal Australia (CAEPR Monograph No. 28)
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Making Sense of Weather and Climate: The Science Behind the Forecasts
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Making Sense of War: Strategy for the 21st Century (Cambridge University Press)
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Making Sense of Madness: Contesting the Meaning of Schizophrenia (The Routledge International Society for Psychological and Social Approaches to Psychosis Book Series)
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Making Sense of Clinical Examination of the Adult Patient: A Hands on Guide
- 2018-01-05[PDF] John Dewey and Education Outdoors: Making Sense of the 'Educational Situation' Through More Than a Century of Progressive Reforms
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Economics: Making sense of the Modern Economy: The Economist[Audiobook]
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Making Sense of Education Policy: Studies in the Sociology and Politics of Education (1-Off Series)
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Making Sense of God: An Invitation to the Skeptical (Audiobook)
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Making Sense of NoSQL: A guide for managers and the rest of us
- 2017-12-08[PDF] Making Sense of Change Management: A Complete Guide to the Models, Tools and Techniques of Organizational Change
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.