Posted on 2018-01-25, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Steve Chinn | Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell | Category: Mathematics | Language: English | Page: 360 | ISBN: 1119159962 | ISBN13: 9781119159964 |
Description: By Steve Chinn, Richard Edmund Ashcroft Description A seminal handbook in the field for more than 20 years, this new and updated edition of Mathematics for Dyslexicsand Dyscalculics contains the latest research and best practices for helping learners with numerical and mathematical difficulties. Provides a complete overview of theory and research in the fields of dyslexia and dyscalculia, along with detailed yet pragmatic methods to apply in the classroom Contains enhanced coverage of place value and the role of the decimal point, why fractions can challenge a developed logic for arithmetic, and the complexity of time along with new material on addressing anxiety, fear, motivation, and resilience in the classroom and links to new resources including standardized tests and recommended reading lists Written by two mathematics teachers with 50 years of teaching experience between them, much of it in specialist settings for students with specific learning difficulties Offers effective teaching strategies for learners of all ages in a structured but accessible format Author Information Steve Chinnis an independent lecturer, writer, and researcher, and Visiting Professor at the University of Derby, UK. He spent twenty-four years as head teacher of three specialist schools and was a mainstream teacher for fourteen years. He was Founder and Principal of Mark College in Somerset, UK, a specialist residential school for young people with specific learning difficulties. In 2011 he set up and chaired the BDAs first subcommittee on dyscalculia. He has received the Marion Welchman International Award for Services to Dyslexia, and the Lady Radnor Award for Lifetime Services to Dyslexia. He has lectured and taught in over 30 countries worldwide and has spoken at many major conferences. He is the author of numerous books, including The Trouble with Maths (3rdedition, 2016), The Routledge International Handbook of Dyscalculia and Mathematical Learning Difficulties(2015), More Trouble with Maths: A Complete Guide to Identifying and Diagnosing Mathematical Difficulties (2nd edition 2016), and The Fear of Maths (3rdedition, 2011). Richard Ashcroft was Headmaster at Mark College, UK, a specialist residential school for young people with specific learning difficulties. He taught mathematics at the secondary school level for almost 25 years. During his teaching career, he developed a series of teaching resources specifically for dyslexic students. He retired in 2006.
Mathematics for Dyslexics and Dyscalculics: A Teaching Handbook.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35642
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Mathematics for Economics and Business (8th Edition)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Mathematics for Engineers and Technologists (IIE Core Textbooks Series)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Mathematics for Modeling and Scientific Computing (Mathematics and Statistics)
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Mathematics for Physics and Physicists
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Mathematics for Scientific and Technical Students
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Mathematics for Carpentry and the Construction Trades (3rd Edition)
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Mathematics for Algorithm and Systems Analysis (Dover Books on Mathematics)
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Mathematics for Physicists and Engineers: Fundamentals and Interactive Study Guide - Removed
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Mathematics for Economics and Finance
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Mathematics for Economics and Finance: Methods and Modelling - Removed
- 2017-12-06[PDF] Mathematics for Informatics and Computer Science
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Mathematics for Primary and Early Years: Developing Subject Knowledge (Developing Subject Knowledge series)
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Mathematics for Engineers and Scientists, Sixth Edition
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Mathematics for Dyslexics: Including Dyscalculia
- 2017-10-21[PDF] Mathematics for Economics and Business (5th Edition)
- 2017-10-18[PDF] Mathematics for Engineering and Experimental Sciences using MATHEMATICA
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Mathematics for Engineers and Scientists (Applications of mathematics series)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Mathematics for Economics and Finance
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Mathematics for Economics and Business (5th Edition)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.