Posted on 2017-12-08, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Yanis Varoufakis | Category: Economy | Language: English | Page: 552 | ISBN: 0415428882 | ISBN13: 9780415428880 |
Description: Once in a while the world astonishes itself. Anxious incredulity replaces intellectual torpor and a puzzled public strains its antennae in every possible direction, desperately seeking explanations for the causes and nature of what just hit it. 2008 was such a moment. Not only did the financial system collapse, and send the real economy into a tailspin, but it also revealed the great gulf separating economics from a very real capitalism. Modern Political Economics has a single aim: To help readers make sense of how 2008 came about and what the post-2008 world has in store. The book is divided into two parts. The first part delves into every major economic theory, from Aristotle to the present, with a determination to discover clues of what went wrong in 2008. The main finding is that all economic theory is inherently flawed. Any system of ideas whose purpose is to describe capitalism in mathematical or engineering terms leads to inevitable logical inconsistency an inherent error that stands between us and a decent grasp of capitalist reality. The only scientific truth about capitalism is its radical indeterminacy, a condition which makes it impossible to use science's tools (e.g. calculus and statistics) to second-guess it. The second part casts an attentive eye on the post-war era on the breeding ground of the Crash of 2008. It distinguishes between two major post-war phases: The Global Plan (1947-1971) and the Global Minotaur (1971-2008). This dynamic new book delves into every major economic theory and maps out meticulously the trajectory that global capitalism followed from post-war almost centrally planned stability, to designed disintegration in the 1970s, to an intentional magnification of unsustainable imbalances in the 1980s and, finally, to the most spectacular privatisation of money in the 1990s and beyond. Modern Political Economics is essential reading for Economics students and anyone seeking a better understanding of the 2008 economic crash.
Modern Political Economics: Making Sense of the Post-2008 World.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34190
- 2017-02-14[PDF] Modern Political Economics: Making Sense of the Post-2008 World
- 2012-06-22Modern Political Economics: Making Sense of the Post-2008 World - Removed
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Economics: Making sense of the Modern Economy: The Economist[Audiobook]
- 2017-10-22[PDF] Economics: Making sense of the modern economy
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Economics: Making Sense of the Modern Economy,3 edition
- 2019-05-06Economics Making Sense of the Modern Economy
- 2019-03-24Economics Making Sense of the Modern Economy
- 2010-05-18Economics: Making Sense of the Modern Economy
- 2009-08-27Economics: Making Sense of the Modern Economy, Second Edition
- 2008-12-05Economics: Making Sense of the Modern Economy, 2 Ed.
- 2007-08-26Economics: Making Sense of the Modern Economy, 2nd Edition
- 2017-10-19[PDF] Calling C and C from IDL: Making Sense of the Sometimes Confusing World of C and IDL
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Wit's End: Making Sense of the Great Movies
- 2010-01-09Calling C and C from IDL:Making Sense of the Sometimes Confusing World of C and IDL
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Making Sense of the Census: Observations of the 2001 Enumeration in Remote Aboriginal Australia
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Making Sense of the ECG Fourth Edition with Cases for Self Assessment Second Edition Set: Making Sense of the ECG: A Hands-On Guide, Fourth Edition
- 2018-01-05[PDF] John Dewey and Education Outdoors: Making Sense of the 'Educational Situation' Through More Than a Century of Progressive Reforms
- 2017-12-05[PDF] God Hates You, Hate Him Back: Making Sense of The Bible (Revised International Edition)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] International Monetary Economics, 1870-1960: Between the Classical and the New Classical (Historical Perspectives on Modern Economics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.