Posted on 2017-12-24, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Donald Maclurcan | Category: Economy | Language: English | Page: 335 | ISBN: 1439855765 | ISBN13: 9781439855768 |
Description: The rise of collaborative consumption, peer-to-peer systems, and not-for-profit social enterprise heralds the emergence of a new era of human collectivity. Increasingly, this consolidation stems from an understanding that big-banner issuesâ€”such as climate changeâ€”are not the root causes of our present global predicament. There is a growing and collective view that issues such as this are actually symptoms of a much more vicious, seemingly insurmountable condition: our addiction to economic, consumption, and population growth in a world of finite resources. Nanotechnology and Global Sustainability uses nanotechnologyâ€”the product of applied scientific knowledge to control and utilize matter at atomic and molecular scalesâ€”as a lens through which to explore the interrelationship between innovation, politics, economy, and sustainability. This groundbreaking book addresses how stakeholders can actively reshape agendas to create positive and sustainable futures through this latest controversial, cross-sectoral technology. It moves beyond issues of efficiency, productivity, and utility, exploring the insights of 22 contributors from around the world, whose work spans the disciplines of science and the humanities. Their combined knowledge, reinforced with various case studies, introduces an exciting prospectâ€”how we can innovate without economic growth. This new volume in the Perspectives in Nanotechnology series is edited by Dr. Donald Maclurcan and Dr. Natalia Radywyl. Dr. Maclurcan is a social innovator and Honorary Research Fellow with the Institute for Nanoscale Technology at the University of Technology Sydney, Australia. Dr. Radywyl is a social researcher and Honorary Research Fellow in the School of Culture and Communication at the University of Melbourne, Australia. She is also an Adjunct Research Fellow in the Faculty of Life and Social Sciences at Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne. This book is written for a wide audience and will be of particular interest to activists, scholars, policy makers, scientists, business professionals, and others who seek an understanding of how we might justly transition to sustainable societies.
Nanotechnology and Global Sustainability (Perspectives in Nanotechnology).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34670
- 2019-01-16Nanotechnology and Global Sustainability
- 2019-01-08Nanotechnology and Global Sustainability
- 2013-10-31Nanotechnology and Global Sustainability
- 2013-10-26Nanotechnology and Global Sustainability
- 2013-10-23Nanotechnology and Global Sustainability
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Linking Local and Global Sustainability (The International Society of Business, Economics, and Ethics Book Series)
- 2017-10-21[PDF] Shaping Neighbourhoods: For Local Health and Global Sustainability
- 2017-02-13[PDF] Shaping Neighbourhoods: For Local Health and Global Sustainability
- 2019-06-26Linking Local and Global Sustainability
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Frontline and Factory: Comparative Perspectives on the Chemical Industry at War, 1914-1924 (Archimedes) - Removed
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Water and Agricultural Sustainability Strategies
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Benefactives and Malefactives: Typological perspectives and case studies (Typological Studies in Language)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Plants and Health: New Perspectives on the Health-Environment-Plant Nexus (Ethnobiology) - Removed
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Internationalization and Global Citizenship: Policy and Practice in Education
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Meyerhold and the Cubists: Perspectives on Painting and Performance
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Insides and Outsides: Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Animate Nature
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Media and Global Climate Knowledge: Journalism and the IPCC
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Stochastic and Global Optimization (Nonconvex Optimization and Its Applications) - Removed
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Combinatorial and Global Optimization
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.