Posted on 2017-10-06, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Patrick Parrinder | Publisher: Oxford University Press | Category: English | Language: English | Page: 512 | ISBN: 0199264848 | ISBN13: 9780199264841 |
Description: What is "English" about the English novel, and how has the idea of the English nation been shaped by the writers of fiction? How do the novel's profound differences from poetry and drama affect its representation of national consciousness? Nation and Novel sets out to answer these questions by tracing English prose fiction from its late medieval origins through its stories of rogues and criminals, family rebellions and suffering heroines, to the present-day novels of immigration. Major novelists from Daniel Defoe to the late twentieth century have drawn on national history and mythology in novels which have pitted Cavalier against Puritan, Tory against Whig, region against nation, and domesticity against empire. The novel is deeply concerned with the fate of the nation, but almost always at variance with official and ruling-class perspectives on English society. Patrick Parrinder's groundbreaking new literary history outlines the English novel's distinctive, sometimes paradoxical, and often subversive view of national character and identity. This sophisticated yet accessible assessment of the relationship between fiction and nation will set the agenda for future research and debate.
Nation and Novel: The English Novel from Its Origins to the Present Day.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32104
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Nation and Novel: The English Novel from Its Origins to the Present Day
- 2009-02-12Nation and Novel: The English Novel from Its Origins to the Present Day
- 2012-05-16The Sniper at War: From the American Revolutionary War to the Present Day
- 2017-11-24[PDF] A Modern Perspective on Type Theory: From its Origins until Today (Applied Logic Series)
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Writing Your Novel from Start to Finish: A Guidebook for the Journey
- 2011-09-04Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy
- 2011-05-19Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy: Report of a Symposium
- 2018-10-07How George Washington Fleeced the Nation And Other Little Secrets Airbrushed From History
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Spikes and Shocks: The Financialisation of the Oil Market from 1980 to the Present Day - Removed
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Crowds and Democracy: The Idea and Image of the Masses from Revolution to Fascism (Columbia Themes in Philosophy, Social Criticism, and the Arts)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Ethnic and Tourist Arts: Cultural Expressions from the Fourth World
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Music and Politics in San Francisco: From the 1906 Quake to the Second World War
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Alma and Amulek - Two CHOSEN Men from The Book of Mormon
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Angels with Dirty Faces: How Argentinian Soccer Defined a Nation and Changed the Game Forever
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Structuring Your Novel: From Basic Idea to Finished Manuscript
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Crisis and Constitutionalism: Roman Political Thought from the Fall of the Republic to the Age of Revolution
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Cross and Scepter: The Rise of the Scandinavian Kingdoms from the Vikings to the Reformation
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Quick and Easy Low-Fat Recipes from Around the World
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Law and Legal Practice in Egypt from Alexander to the Arab Conquest: A Selection of Papyrological Sources in Translation, with Introductions and Commentary
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.