[PDF] Natural Ventilation in the Urban Environment: Assessment and Design (BEST (Buildings Energy and Solar Technology))
Posted on 2017-11-04, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Francis Allard, Cristian Ghiaus | Publisher: Routledge | Category: Architecture | Language: English | Page: 266 | ISBN: 1844071294 | ISBN13: 9781844071296 |
Description: Throughout the world, there is an increasing interest in ecological design of buildings, and natural ventilation has proved to be the most efficient low-energy cooling technique. Its practical application, however, is hindered by the lack of information on the complex relationship between the building and its urban environment. In this book, a team of experts provide first-hand information and tools on the efficient use of natural ventilation in urban buildings. Key design principles are explained, enabling readers to decide on the best solution for natural ventilation of buildings, taking into account climate and urban context. In the initial sketches, architects need answers to open problems such as 'what kind of solution to adopt' and 'how to modify existing strategies to exploit the potential of the site'. This book formalizes the multi-criteria analysis of candidate solutions based on quantitative and qualitative estimation of the driving forces (wind and buoyancy), as well as of the barriers induced by the urban environment (wind speed reduction, noise and pollution) and gives a methodology for optimal design of openings. The book is accompanied by a FREE CD, containing software for assessing the potential of a given site, estimating wind speed and dimensioning the openings for natural ventilation. The methodologies and tools are tested, self-contained and user friendly. About the editors The editors, Cristian Ghiaus and Francis Allard, are affiliated with the University of La Rochelle, France. The authors and reviewers combine expertise from universities, research institutions and industry in Belgium, France, Great Britain, Greece, Portugal and Switzerland.
Natural Ventilation in the Urban Environment: Assessment and Design (BEST (Buildings Energy and Solar Technology)).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33118
- 2009-09-27Natural Ventilation in the Urban Environment: Assessment and Design
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Natural Antimicrobials for the Minimal Processing of Foods (Woodhead Publishing Series in Food Science, Technology and Nutrition)
- 2017-10-16[PDF] Muscular Injuries in the Posterior Leg: Assessment and Treatment
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Urban Remote Sensing: Monitoring, Synthesis and Modeling in the Urban Environment
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Metropolitan Sustainability: Understanding and Improving the Urban Environment (Woodhead Publishing Series in Energy)
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Media Art and the Urban Environment: Engendering Public Engagement with Urban Ecology (Future City)
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Energy Efficiency in the Urban Environment
- 2017-10-08[PDF] Photovoltaics in the Urban Environment: Lessons Learnt from Large Scale Projects
- 2020-01-01Making Plans: How to Engage with Landscape, Design, and the Urban Environment (Roger Fullington Series in Architecture)
- 2019-01-31The Fate of Nutrients and Pesticides in the Urban Environment
- 2018-12-28Media Art and the Urban Environment Engendering Public Engagement with Urban Ecology (Future City)
- 2018-08-22Earthquakes and the Urban Environment Volume 1
- 2018-01-31[PDF] From the Natural Man to the Political Machine: Sovereignty and Power in the Works of Thomas Hobbes
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Advancing Best Value in the Built Environment: A Guide to Best Practice
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Natural History of the Pacific Northwest Mountains (A Timber Press Field Guide)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment (2nd Edition)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Unity 5 Creating the Game Environment
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Natural Time Analysis: The New View of Time: Precursory Seismic Electric Signals, Earthquakes and other Complex Time Series
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment, 3rd Edition
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.