Posted on 2018-01-31, by luongquocchinh.
Author: William R. Uttal | Category: Psychology | Language: English | Page: 304 | ISBN: 0805854843 | ISBN13: 9780805854848 |
Description: In this fascinating book, William R. Uttal raises the possibility that, however much we learn about the anatomy and physiology of the brain and psychology, we may never be able to cross the final bridge explaining how the mind is produced by the brain. Three main classes of mind-brain theory are considered and rejected: field theories, because they are based on a superficial analogy single cell theories, because they emerge from a massive uncontrolled experimental program and neural net theories, because they are constrained by combinatorial complexity. To support his argument, Uttal explores the empirical and conceptual foundations of these theoretical approaches and identifies flaws in their fundamental logic. The author concludes that the problems preventing solution of the mind-brain problem are intractable, yet well within the confines of natural science.
Neural Theories of Mind: Why the Mind-Brain Problem May Never Be Solved.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35843
- 2011-09-04Neural Theories of Mind: Why the Mind-Brain Problem May Never Be Solved
- 2011-07-30Neural Theories of Mind: Why the Mind-Brain Problem May Never Be Solved
- 2011-07-02Neural Theories of Mind - Why the Mind-Brain Problem May Never Be Solved
- 2011-06-29Neural Theories of Mind: Why the Mind-Brain Problem May Never Be Solved
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Indispensable and Other Myths: Why the CEO Pay Experiment Failed and How to Fix It
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Europe's Last Chance: Why the European States Must Form a More Perfect Union
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Patristic Theories of Biblical Interpretation: The Latin Fathers
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Neural Plasticity and Disorders of the Nervous System
- 2018-01-11[PDF] In Defense of Selfishness: Why the Code of Self-Sacrifice Is Unjust and Destructive [Audiobook]
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Developmental Relations among Mind, Brain and Education: Essays in Honor of Robbie Case
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Peer-to-Peer Leadership: Why the Network Is the Leader
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Mr. President: How and Why the Founders Created a Chief Executive
- 2017-11-23[PDF] What Is Good and Why: The Ethics of Well-Being
- 2017-11-21[PDF] Who Gets What - and Why: The New Economics of Matchmaking and Market Design
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Neural-Based Orthogonal Data Fitting: The EXIN Neural Networks (Adaptive and Cognitive Dynamic Systems: Signal Processing, Learning, Communications and Control)
- 2017-10-18[PDF] Eat Fat, Get Thin: Why the Fat We Eat Is the Key to Sustained Weight Loss and Vibrant Health
- 2017-02-06[PDF] Eat Fat, Get Thin: Why the Fat We Eat Is the Key to Sustained Weight Loss and Vibrant Health
- 2017-01-17[PDF] Mr. President: How and Why the Founders Created a Chief Executive
- 2011-09-15Mental Illness And The Mind-Brain Problem
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.