Posted on 2018-01-10, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Jonna Brenninkmeijer | Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan | Category: Philosophy | Language: English | Page: 169 | ISBN: 1137533854 | ISBN13: 9781137533852 |
Description: Taking care of oneself is increasingly interpreted as taking care of ones brain. Apart from pills, books, food, and games for a better brain, people can also use neurotechnologies for self-improvement. This book explores how the use of brain devices to understand or improve the self changes peoples subjectivity. This book describes how the effects of several brain devices were and are demonstrated how brains and selves interact in the work of early brainwave scientists and contemporary practitioners how users of neurofeedback (brainwave training) constitute a new mode of self that is extended with a brain and various other (physiological, psychological, material, and sometimes spiritual) entities, and how clients, practitioners and other actors (computers, brain maps, brainwaves) perform a dance of agency during the neurofeedback process. Through these topics, Jonna Brenninkmeijer provides a historical, ethnographical, and theoretical exploration of the mode of being that is constituted when people use a brain device to improve themselves.
Neurotechnologies of the Self: Mind, Brain and Subjectivity.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35186
- 2016-12-07Neurotechnologies of the Self Mind, Brain and Subjectivity
- 2018-10-10The Body Keeps the Score Mind, Brain and Body in the Transformation of Trauma
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Obesity Prevention: The Role of Brain and Society on Individual Behavior
- 2017-01-04[PDF] Obesity Prevention: The Role of Brain and Society on Individual Behavior
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Lessons from the Past?: Memory, Narrativity and Subjectivity (Palgrave Macmillan Memory Studies)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Neuropsychology of the Unconscious: Integrating Brain and Mind in Psychotherapy (Norton Series on Interpersonal Neurobiology)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Psychiatry and Heart Disease: The Mind, Brain, and Heart
- 2017-12-23[PDF] The Psychopharmacology of Herbal Medicine: Plant Drugs That Alter Mind, Brain, and Behavior
- 2017-10-08[PDF] Mind, Brain, and Education Science: A Comprehensive Guide to the New Brain-Based Teaching
- 2017-02-10[PDF] The Neuropsychology of the Unconscious: Integrating Brain and Mind in Psychotherapy (Norton Series on Interpersonal Neurobiology)
- 2017-02-10[PDF] Mind, Brain, and Education Science: A Comprehensive Guide to the New Brain-Based Teaching
- 2017-01-13[PDF] The Psychopharmacology of Herbal Medicine: Plant Drugs That Alter Mind, Brain, and Behavior
- 2018-01-27[PDF] The Self in Health and Illness: Patients, Professionals and Narrative Identity
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Dressing for the Culture Wars: Style and the Politics of Self-Presentation in the 1960s and 1970s
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Facts on File Illustrated Guide to the Human Body: Brain and Nervous System
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Aesthetic Mind: Philosophy and Psychology
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Soothing the Troubled Mind: Acupuncture and Moxibustion in the Treatment and Prevention of Schizophrenia
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Memory and the Self: Phenomenology, Science and Autobiography
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Essential Enneagram: The Definitive Personality Test and Self-Discovery Guide Revised & Updated
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.