Posted on 2018-01-07, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Kate Reed | Publisher: SAGE Publications Ltd | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 192 | ISBN: 076194270X | ISBN13: 9780761942702 |
Description: `This book contributes to the growing debates about social theory and its role through a discussion of the ways in which gender and race contributed to the exclusion of important thinkers from the sociological canon' - John Hughes, Lancaster University Who makes up the `canon' of sociology - and who doesn't? And does sociology need a canon in the first place? Beyond Social Theory offers an innovative and passionate contribution to current debates on the history and development of sociology and the exclusion of theorists - who are female, black, or both - from the mainstream of social theorizing. With compelling biographical sketches bringing the dynamics behind the `canon' to life, Kate Reed focuses sharp analysis on the exclusion of theorists on race and gender from important debates on inequality. An important contribution to the debate on non-exclusionary theory, this book critically examines existing accounts of the history of the discipline, situating the development of social theory within a wider social and political context.
New Directions in Social Theory: Race, Gender and the Canon.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35093
- 2018-01-23[PDF] New Directions in Dental Anthropology: Paradigms, methodologies and outcomes
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Framing the West: Race, Gender, and the Photographic Frontier in the Pacific Northwest
- 2017-11-15[PDF] Central Problems in Social Theory: Action, Structure, and Contradiction in Social Analysis
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Looking South: Race, Gender and the Transformation of Labor from Reconstruction to Globalization
- 2017-11-10[PDF] Painting the Maple: Essays on Race, Gender, and the Construction of Canada
- 2017-11-06[PDF] New Directions in Geriatric Medicine: Concepts, Trends, and Evidence-Based Practice - Removed
- 2017-11-04[PDF] New Directions in Empirical Translation Process Research: Exploring the CRITT TPR-DB (New Frontiers in Translation Studies) - Removed
- 2017-10-21[PDF] New Directions in Dental Anthropology: Paradigms, methodologies and outcomes
- 2017-10-11[PDF] Routledge Library Editions: Social Theory: Philosophical Foundations of the Three Sociologies (RLE Social Theory)
- 2017-04-09[PDF] Thug Life: Race, Gender, and the Meaning of Hip-Hop
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Thug Life: Race, Gender, and the Meaning of Hip-Hop
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Framing the West: Race, Gender, and the Photographic Frontier in the Pacific Northwest
- 2013-04-25Michael P. Jeffries - Thug Life: Race, Gender And The Meaning Of Hip-Hop -PDF
- 2020-04-30Asians Wear Clothes on the Internet: Race, Gender, and the Work of Personal Style Blogging
- 2020-01-11Medical Bondage: Race, Gender, and the Origins of American Gynecology
- 2019-06-24Medical Bondage Race, Gender, and the Origins of American Gynecology [Audiobook]
- 2018-12-14Asians Wear Clothes on the Internet Race, Gender, and the Work of Personal Style Blogging
- 2018-11-13The Scottish Enlightenment Race, Gender, and the Limits of Progress
- 2018-10-12Visible Identities Race, Gender, and the Self
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.