[PDF] Non-Western Social Movements and Participatory Democracy: Protest in the Age of Transnationalism (Societies and Political Orders in Transition)
Posted on 2018-01-31, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Ekim Arbatli | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 200 | ISBN: 3319514539 | ISBN13: 9783319514536 |
Description: This book analyzes social movements across a range of countries in the non-Western world: Bosnia, Brazil, Egypt, India, Iran, Palestine, Russia, Syria, Turkey and Ukraine in the period 2008 to 2016. The individual case studies investigate how political and social goals are framed nationally and globally, and the types of mobilization strategies used to pursue them. The studies also assess how, in the age of transnationalism, the idea of participatory democracy produces new collective-action frames and mass-mobilization strategies. The book challenges the view that most social movements unequivocally seek to achieve higher levels of democratization. Instead, the authors argue that protesters across different movements advocate more involved forms of citizen participation, since passive representation through liberal democratic institutions fails to address mass grievances and demands for accountability in many countries.
Non-Western Social Movements and Participatory Democracy: Protest in the Age of Transnationalism (Societies and Political Orders in Transition).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35849
- 2011-11-21The Politics of Child Sexual Abuse: Emotion, Social Movements, and the State
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Non-Equilibrium Social Science and Policy: Introduction and Essays on New and Changing Paradigms in Socio-Economic Thinking (Understanding Complex Systems)
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Protest and Organization in the Alternative Globalization Era: NGOs, Social Movements, and Political Parties - Removed
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Protest and Organization in the Alternative Globalization Era: NGOs, Social Movements, and Political Parties
- 2016-09-25Waves of Democracy Social Movements and Political Change, Second Edition
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Smokefree: A Social, Moral and Political Atmosphere
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Social Movements and Democracy in the 21st Century - Removed
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Power in Movement: Social Movements and Contentious Politics (Cambridge Studies in Comparative Politics)
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Handbook of Community Movements and Local Organizations (Handbooks of Sociology and Social Research)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Non-Western Educational Traditions: Indigenous Approaches to Educational Thought and Practice (Sociocultural, Political, and Historical Studies in Education)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Stalinism: Russian and Western Views at the Turn of the Millenium (Totalitarianism Movements and Political Religions)
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Social Movements and Global Social Change: The Rising Tide
- 2017-11-03[PDF] The Identity Dilemma: Social Movements and Collective Identity (Politics History & Social Chan)
- 2017-10-22[PDF] Border Politics: Social Movements, Collective Identities, and Globalization
- 2017-10-15[PDF] International Law from Below: Development, Social Movements and Third World Resistance
- 2017-10-15[PDF] Globalization, Social Movements and the New Internationalisms (Employment and Work Relations in Context Series)
- 2017-10-14[PDF] Social Movements and Networks: Relational Approaches to Collective Action (Comparative Politics)
- 2017-10-14[PDF] Power, Profit and Protest: Australian Social Movements and Globalisation
- 2017-04-08[PDF] Social Movements in Latin America: Neoliberalism and Popular Resistance (Social Movements and Transformation) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.