Posted on 2018-01-22, by luongquocchinh.
Author: William J. McShea, William M. Healy | Publisher: Johns Hopkins University Press | Category: Biology | Language: English | Page: 449 | ISBN: 0801877474 | ISBN13: 9780801877476 |
Description: This book focuses on the relationship between an oak forest's acorn yield and species of wildlife that depend on it. It begins by treating factors such as oak distribution, forest fires, tree diseases and pests, dynamics of acorn production, and acorn dispersal by birds and mammals. Special consideration is given to the phenomenon of mastingâ€”whereby oaks in a given area will produce huge crops of acorns at irregular intervalsâ€”a key component for wildlife researchers and managers in understanding patterns of scarcity and abundance in the creatures that feed on this crop. Relationships between oaks and animals such as mice, squirrels, turkeys, deer, and bear are discussed, as are the differences between eastern, southern Appalachian, southwestern, and California oak forests. Contents Contributors Acknowledgments 1 Oaks and Acorns as a Foundation for Ecosystem Management Part I Patterns and Processes of Oak Forests 2 Distribution and Abundance of Oaks m North America 3 The Postglacial History of Oak Forests in Eastern North America 4 Fire History and Postsettlement Disturbance 5 The Ecological Basis for Oak Silviculture in Eastern North America 6 Native Diseases and Insects That Impact Oaks 7 Gypsy Moths and Forest Dynamics 8 Dynamics of Old-Growth Oak Forests in the Eastern United States Part II Ecology and Patterns of Acorns 9 The Behavioral Ecology of Masting in Oaks 10 Dynamics of Acorn Production by Five Species of Southern Appalachian Oaks 11 Nutritional Value of Acorns for Wildlife 12 Acorn Dispersal by Birds and Mammals 13 Ecological Webs Involving Acorns and Mice: Basic Research and Its Management Implications 14 Acorns and White-Tailed Deer: Interrelationships in Forest Ecosystems 15 Oak Trees, Acorns, and Bears 16 Turkeys, Acorns, and Oaks 17 Squirrels and Oaks Part III Management of Oaks for Wildlife 18 Fire and Oak Management 19 California's Oak Woodlands 20 Ecology and Management of Evergreen Oak Woodlands in Arizona and New Mexico 21 Managing Eastern Oak Forests for Wildlife 22 Goals and Guidelines for Managing Oak Ecosystems for Wildlife References Index
'Oak Forest Ecosystems, Ecology and Management for Wildlife'.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35554
- 2018-01-22[PDF] 'Oak Forest Ecosystems, Ecology and Management for Wildlife'
- 2013-01-02"Oak Forest Ecosystems, Ecology and Management for Wildlife" ed. by William J. McShea, William M. Healy
- 2012-11-28"Oak Forest Ecosystems, Ecology and Management for Wildlife" ed. by William J. McShea, William M. Healy
- 2019-01-28Tropical Forest Canopies Ecology and Management Proceedings of ESF Conference, Oxford University,...
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Pluralsight - Introduction to Leadership and Management for Developers - Removed
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Core Data: Data Storage and Management for iOS, OS X, and iCloud (Pragmatic Programmers)
- 2020-02-21Open Ecosystems: ecology and evolution beyond the forest edge
- 2019-11-22Ecology and Management of Forest Soils Ed 5
- 2018-02-01[PDF] River Science: Research and Management for the 21st Century
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Spectrum Access and Management for Cognitive Radio Networks (Signals and Communication Technology) - Removed
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Total Quality Control: Engineering and Management: the Technical and Managerial Field for Improving Product Quality, Including Its Reliability, and
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Ecology and Management of a Forested Landscape: Fifty Years on the Savannah River Site
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Circular Economy, Industrial Ecology and Short Supply Chain: Towards Sustainable Territories (Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Management: Smart Innovation Set)
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Differential Diagnosis and Management for the Chiropractor, Third Edition: Protocols and Algorithms
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Big-Leaf Mahogany: Genetics, Ecology, and Management (Ecological Studies, No. 159)
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Linking Ecology and Ethics for a Changing World: Values, Philosophy, and Action
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Requirements Engineering and Management for Software Development Projects - Removed
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Project Planning and Management for Ecological Restoration
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Core Data in Swift: Data Storage and Management for iOS and OS X
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.