Posted on 2018-01-24, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Mary Dalrymple | Publisher: Cambridge University Press | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 262 | ISBN: 0521199859 | ISBN13: 9780521199858 |
Description: In many languages, the objects of transitive verbs are either marked by grammatical case or agreement on the verb, or they remain unmarked: this is differential object marking. This book is a cross-linguistic study of how differential object marking is affected by information structure, the structuring of the utterance in accordance with the informational value of its elements and contextual factors. Marked objects tend to be associated with old information or information that the sentence is about, while unmarked objects tend to express new information. The book also sheds light on grammatical patterning in languages with differential object marking: in some languages marked and unmarked objects have identical grammatical properties, whereas in other languages marked objects are more active in syntax. Finally, it provides a theory of the historical changes that lead to the emergence of various patterns of differential object marking.
Objects and Information Structure (Cambridge Studies in Linguistics).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35630
- 2017-11-10[PDF] Phonology and Language Use (Cambridge Studies in Linguistics)
- 2017-04-07[PDF] Familiar Objects and their Shadows (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy)
- 2011-11-19Introduction to Theoretical Neurobiology: Volume 1, Linear Cable Theory and Dendritic Structure (Cambridge Studies in Mathematical Biology)
- 2011-08-02Familiar Objects and their Shadows (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy)
- 2011-06-17Familiar Objects and their Shadows (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Romanticism and Animal Rights (Cambridge Studies in Romanticism)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Democracy and Coercive Diplomacy (Cambridge Studies in International Relations)
- 2017-12-06[PDF] Science and the Enlightenment (Cambridge Studies in the History of Science)
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Case: Its Principles and its Parameters (Cambridge Studies in Linguistics)
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Computer and Information Science 2011 (Studies in Computational Intelligence) - Removed
- 2020-01-02Heritage Languages and their Speakers (Cambridge Studies in Linguistics)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Symmetry Breaking in Syntax (Cambridge Studies in Linguistics)
- 2018-01-06[PDF] The Syntax of Imperatives (Cambridge Studies in Linguistics)
- 2017-11-15[PDF] The Ugly Duckling Debutante (Cambridge Studies in Linguistics)
- 2011-10-01Producing Hegemony (Cambridge Studies in International Relations)
- 2020-04-30A Sociology of Transnational Constitutions: Social Foundations of the Post-National Legal Structure (Cambridge Studies in Law and Society)
- 2018-05-15Completely Bounded Maps and Operator Algebras (Cambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Introduction to Foliations and Lie Groupoids (Cambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Power in Movement: Social Movements and Contentious Politics (Cambridge Studies in Comparative Politics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.