Posted on 2017-11-28, by luongquocchinh.
Author: David C. Geary | Category: Psychology | Language: English | Page: 459 | ISBN: 1591471818 | ISBN13: 9781591471813 |
Description: Darwin considered an understanding of the evolution of the human mind and brain to be of major importance to the evolutionary sciences. This groundbreaking book sets out a comprehensive, integrated theory of why and how the human mind has developed to function as it does. Geary proposes that human motivational, affective, behavioral, and cognitive systems have evolved to process social and ecological information (e.g., facial expressions) that covaried with survival or reproductive options during human evolution. Further, he argues that the ultimate focus of all of these systems is to support our attempts to gain access to and control of resources - more specifically, the social (e.g., mates), biological (e.g., food), and physical (e.g., territory) resources that supported successful survival and reproduction over time. In this view, Darwin's conceptualization of natural selection as a "struggle for existence" becomes, for us, a struggle with other human beings for control of the available resources.
Origin of Mind: Evolution of Brain, Cognition, and General Intelligence.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33873
- 2019-01-25Origin of Mind Evolution of Brain, Cognition, and General Intelligence
- 2019-01-10Origin of Mind Evolution of Brain, Cognition, and General Intelligence
- 2018-12-21Origin of Mind Evolution of Brain, Cognition, and General Intelligence
- 2011-01-22Origin of Mind: Evolution of Brain, Cognition, and General Intelligence (repost)
- 2009-04-09Origin of Mind: Evolution of Brain, Cognition, and General Intelligence
- 2020-01-24Evolution of the Brain, Cognition, and Emotion in Vertebrates (Brain Science) - Removed
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Origin of Matter & Evolution of Galaxies 2003
- 2018-01-23[PDF] The Agile Mind: How Your Brain Makes Creativity Happen
- 2017-12-28[PDF] The Developing Mind, Second Edition: How Relationships and the Brain Interact to Shape Who We Are
- 2017-11-25[PDF] The Wandering Mind: What the Brain Does When You're Not Looking
- 2017-11-15[PDF] Train Your Mind, Change Your Brain: How a New Science Reveals Our Extraordinary Potential to Transform Ourselves
- 2013-07-23Self-Regulation: Brain, Cognition, and Development ( PDF )
- 2021-02-09Self Regulation: Brain, Cognition, and Development
- 2018-01-15[PDF] The Open Mind: Exploring the 6 Patterns of Natural Intelligence
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Psychoenvironmental Forces in Substance Abuse Prevention (Cognition and Language: A Series in Psycholinguistics) - Removed
- 2018-01-06[PDF] The Entrepreneur Mind: 100 Essential Beliefs, Characteristics, and Habits of Elite Entrepreneurs
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Moral Origins: The Evolution of Virtue, Altruism, and Shame
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Tumors of the Central Nervous System, Volume 13: Types of Tumors, Diagnosis, Ultrasonography, Surgery, Brain Metastasis, and General CNS Diseases - Removed
- 2018-01-02[PDF] A Better Look at Intelligent Behavior: Cognition and Emotion
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.