Posted on 2018-01-02, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Michael H. Tunick | Category: Chemistry | Language: English | Page: 176 | ISBN: 0841228841 | ISBN13: 9780841228849 |
Description: A symposium titled "Physical Methods in Food Analysis" was presented at the Fall National Meeting of the American Chemical Society (ACS) in Philadelphia in August 2012. The symposium was sponsored by the ACS Division of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, Inc. (AGFD), which is in the forefront in the dissemination of knowledge about food chemistry. This book includes ten chapters based on the talks given at that symposium. Chapter 1 describes how poppy, cotton seed, soybean, and canola seed oils can be examined with reverse phase high performance thin layer chromatography and viscosity measurements in an attempt to differentiate between them. Continuing with the theme of distinguishing between foods, Chapter 2 discusses the use of ultrahigh pressure liquid chromatography accurate mass quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometry with electrospray ionization for analyzing flavonoid-based compounds in onions, for the purpose of varietal identification. Chapter 3 details the use of high performance liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry for quality control and product standardization of the East Asian botanical jiaogulan. In Chapter 4, lanthanide-sensitized luminescence spectrometry is applied to detection of tetracyclines and fluoroquinolones in food. Chapter 5 shows how glycemic index may be determined for extruded grains blended with whey protein or cashew pulp. Polymethoxyflavones and derivatives, which occur in citrus fruits, are described in Chapter 6 along with chromatographic techniques for analyzing them. Chapter 7 discusses rheology as a method for looking at characteristics of bioplastics. The book wraps up with three chapters centering on color. Blue pigments, which are scarce in nature, are covered in Chapter 8 along with methods for separating and identifying them. In Chapter 9, resonance Raman spectroscopy was used to identify blue and red forms of anthrocyanins in grapes at various pH levels. A description of color changes in polydiacetylene-based smart packaging, and Raman spectroscopic methods for measuring them, are found in Chapter 10.
Physical Methods in Food Analysis (Acs Symposium Series).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34951
- 2020-08-05Physical Methods in Food Analysis (ACS Symposium Series)
- 2014-03-16Physical Methods in Food Analysis (Acs Symposium Series)
- 2017-10-10[PDF] Micro/Nano Encapsulation of Active Food Ingredients (ACS Symposium Series)
- 2020-03-13Natural and Bio-Based Antimicrobials for Food Applications (ACS Symposium Series)
- 2018-01-19[PDF] A Festival of Chemistry Entertainments (ACS Symposium Series)
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Amphiphiles: Molecular Assembly and Applications (ACS Symposium Series)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Modern NMR Spectroscopy in Education (Acs Symposium Series)
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Nuclear Energy and the Environment (ACS Symposium Series)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Wavelet Methods in Mathematical Analysis and Engineering (Series in Contemporary Applied Mathematics)
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Interfacial Design and Chemical Sensing (ACS Symposium Series)
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Non-Conventional Functional Block Copolymers (ACS Symposium Series)
- 2017-10-15[PDF] Tools of Chemistry Education Research (ACS Symposium Series)
- 2017-10-11[PDF] New Developments in Coatings Technology (ACS Symposium Series)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Instrumental Methods in Food and Beverage Analysis (Developments in Food Science)
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Xenobiotics and Food-Producing Animals: Metabolism and Residues (ACS Symposium Series)
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Food Additives and Packaging (ACS Symposium Series)
- 2017-02-18[PDF] Instrumental Methods in Food and Beverage Analysis (Developments in Food Science)
- 2020-03-13Engaging Students in Physical Chemistry (ACS Symposium Series)
- 2020-03-12Computer-Aided Data Analysis in Chemistry Education Research (CADACER): Advances and Avenues (ACS Symposium Series)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.