Posted on 2018-01-27, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Louis Rose | Publisher: Yale University Press | Category: Art related | Language: English | Page: 312 | ISBN: 0300221479 | ISBN13: 9780300221473 |
Description: A vivid portrait of two remarkable twentieth-century thinkers and their landmark collaboration on the use and abuse of caricature and propaganda in the modern world. In 1934, Viennese art historian and psychoanalyst Ernst Kris invited his mentee E. H. Gombrich to collaborate on a project that had implications for psychology and neuroscience, and foreshadowed their contributions to the Allied war effort. Their subject: caricature and its use and abuse in propaganda. Their collaboration was a seminal early effort to integrate science, the humanities, and political awareness. In this fascinating biographical and intellectual study, Louis Rose explores the content of Kris and Gombrich's project and its legacy.
Psychology, Art, and Antifascism: Ernst Kris, E. H. Gombrich, and the Politics of Caricature.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35723
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Imagining the Unimaginable: World War, Modern Art, and the Politics of Public Culture in Russia, 1914-1917 (Studies in War, Society, and the Military)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Western Art and the Wider World
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Psychology, Religion, and the Nature of the Soul: A Historical Entanglement (Library of the History of Psychological Theories) - Removed
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Media Art and the Urban Environment: Engendering Public Engagement with Urban Ecology (Future City) - Removed
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Philosophy, Art, and the Specters of Jacques Derrida
- 2017-10-29[PDF] The Nazi Perpetrator: Postwar German Art and the Politics of the Right
- 2018-12-28The Nazi Perpetrator Postwar German Art and the Politics of the Right
- 2018-11-10Wilhelm FurtwÃ¤ngler Art and the Politics of the Unpolitical
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Ethno-Architecture and the Politics of Migration (Architext)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Feminist Aesthetics and the Politics of Modernism (Columbia Themes in Philosophy, Social Criticism, and the Arts)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Cities, Business, and the Politics of Urban Violence in Latin America
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Gendered Citizenship and the Politics of Representation (Citizenship, Gender and Diversity) - Removed
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Thomas Hobbes and the Politics of Natural Philosophy
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Music, Cosmology, and the Politics of Harmony in Early China (S U N Y Series in Chinese Philosophy and Culture)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Emmanuel Levinas and the Politics of Non-Violence
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Hannah Arendt and the Politics of Friendship
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Music Video and the Politics of Representation (Music and the Moving Image EUP)
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Alfred Valdmanis and the Politics of Survival
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Classical Antiquity and the Politics of America: From George Washington to George W. Bush
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.