[PDF] Public Policy and Land Exchange: Choice, law, and praxis (Routledge Studies in Environmental Policy)
Posted on 2017-10-21, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Giancarlo Panagia | Publisher: Routledge | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 190 | ISBN: 1138797502 | ISBN13: 9781138797505 |
Description: This original contribution to the field is the first to bring economic sociology theory to the study of federal land exchanges. By blending public choice theory with engaging case studies that contextualize the tactics used by land developers, this book uses economic sociology to help challenge the under-valuation of federal lands in political decisions. The empirically-based, scholarly analysis of federal-private land swaps exposes serious institutional dysfunctions, which sometimes amount to outright corruption. By evaluating investigative reports of each federal agency case study, the book illustrates the institutional nature of the actors in land swaps and, in particular, the history of U.S. agencies promotion of private interests in land exchanges. Using public choice theory to make sense of the privatization of public lands, the book looks in close detail at the federal policies of the Bureau of Land Management and the U.S. Forest Service land swaps in America. These pertinent case studies illustrate the trends to transfer federal lands notwithstanding their flawed value appraisals or interpretation of public interest thus, violating both the principles of equality in value and observance of specific public policy. The book should be of interest to students and scholars of public land and natural resource management, as well as political science, public policy and land law.
Public Policy and Land Exchange: Choice, law, and praxis (Routledge Studies in Environmental Policy).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32611
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Negotiating Water Governance: Why the Politics of Scale Matter (Routledge Studies in Environmental Policy and Practice)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Political Ecology and Tourism (Routledge Studies in Political Ecology)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Decisions: Risk and Reward (Routledge Studies in Business Organizations and Networks)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Forest Tourism and Recreation: Case Studies in Environmental Management (Cabi)
- 2017-11-10[PDF] Mobile Technology and Place (Routledge Studies in New Media and Cyberculture)
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Crime, Community and Morality (Routledge Studies in Crime and Society)
- 2017-02-17[PDF] Mobile Technology and Place (Routledge Studies in New Media and Cyberculture)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Crime, Community and Morality (Routledge Studies in Crime and Society)
- 2017-02-14[PDF] Decisions: Risk and Reward (Routledge Studies in Business Organizations and Networks)
- 2012-03-08Robert W. Orttung, A. S. Makarychev - National Counter-Terrorism Strategies: Legal, Institutional, and Public Policy Dimensions in the US, UK, France, Turkey and Russia - Removed
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Public Policy and Performance Management in Democratic Systems: Theory and Practice - Removed
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Public Diplomacy and the Implementation of Foreign Policy in the US, Sweden and Turkey (Palgrave Macmillan Series in Global Public Diplomacy) - Removed
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Public Finance and Public Policy in the New Century (CESifo Seminar Series)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Public Finance and Public Policy: Responsibilities and Limitations of Government - Removed
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Anti-Americanism and the Limits of Public Diplomacy: Winning Hearts and Minds? (Routledge Studies in US Foreign Policy)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Public Trust in Medical Research?: Ethics, Law and Accountability
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Public Policy in Asia: Implications for Business and Government
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Public Expenditure and Indian Development Policy 1960-70 (Cambridge South Asian Studies)
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Public Management and the Rule of Law
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.