Posted on 2018-01-07, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Kedar N. Prasad | Publisher: CRC Press | Category: Mechanical Engineering | Language: English | Page: 302 | ISBN: 1439874247 | ISBN13: 9781439874240 |
Description: With an estimated 3.3 billion ionizing radiation imaging examinations performed worldwide each year, the growing use of x-ray-based diagnostic procedures raises concerns about long-term health risks, especially cancer. In addition, rapid growth in the number of nuclear power plants around the world increases the risk of a nuclear accident similar to that of Fukushima, Japan. Add to this, exposure to non-ionizing radiation from prolonged cell phone use, proton radiation from solar flares, and potential nuclear conflict or a dirty bomb attack, and the need to expand our repertoire of radiation prevention and mitigation strategies becomes increasingly urgent. Radiation Injury Prevention and Mitigation in Humans identifies and examines physical protection strategies as well as non-toxic, cost-effective biological protection strategies. This includes agents thatâ€”when administered orally before and/or after irradiation exposuresâ€”could be effective in preventing and mitigating acute radiation damage. The book discusses implementing physical and biological protection strategies particularly for first responders, radiation workers, astronauts, and civilians who might be exposed to higher doses of radiation in the course of their activities. The book describes: Physics of ionizing radiation and radiological weapons, principles of nuclear reactors, the types of radiological weapons, and consequences of their explosions Acute and late health effects of high and low doses of radiation The efficacy of FDA-approved and unapproved radioprotective and radiation mitigating agents The efficacy of radioprotective and radiation mitigating agents not requiring FDA approval (antioxidants and herbs) Scientific data and rationale in support of using micronutrient preparations containing dietary and endogenous antioxidants for preventing acute radiation sickness and for mitigating the late adverse health effects among survivors of high and low doses of radiation Examining cutting-edge advances in the research of the effects of non-ionizing radiation on cellular and genetic levels, the book proposes an implementation plan of both physical and biological protection strategies. It covers the full range of potential sources of radiation and includes an up-to-date list of helpful resources and references for the latest research and readings on the topic.
Radiation Injury Prevention and Mitigation in Humans.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35099
- 2013-11-28Radiation Injury Prevention and Mitigation in Humans - Removed
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Sports Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation: Integrating Medicine and Science for Performance Solutions
- 2017-04-06[PDF] Soccer Injury Prevention and Treatment: A Guide to Optimal Performance for Players, Parents, and Coaches
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Trigger Point Therapy with the Foam Roller: Exercises for Muscle Massage, Myofascial Release, Injury Prevention and Physical Rehab
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Shoulder Dystocia and Birth Injury: Prevention and Treatment - Removed
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Accidental Injury: Biomechanics and Prevention
- 2017-10-07[PDF] The Young Tennis Player: Injury Prevention and Treatment
- 2017-10-04[PDF] Foam Rolling: 50 Exercises for Massage, Injury Prevention, and Core Strength
- 2017-04-15[PDF] Securing the Outdoor Construction Site: Strategy, Prevention, and Mitigation
- 2017-01-05[PDF] Securing the Outdoor Construction Site: Strategy, Prevention, and Mitigation
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Exercise Therapy: Prevention and Treatment of Disease
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Veterinary Infection Prevention and Control
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Monitoring, Simulation, Prevention and Remediation of Dense and Debris Flow III (Wit Transactions on Engineering Sciences)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Endometrial Adenocarcinoma: Prevention and Early Diagnosis: Including contributions by Iglesias Goy, E. (Madrid) Rios Vallejo, M. (Madrid) (Monographs in Clinical Cytology, Vol. 17)
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Self-Injury, Medicine and Society: Authentic Bodies - Removed
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Radiation Source Use and Replacement: Abbreviated Version
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Arthritis: Pathophysiology, Prevention, and Therapeutics
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Radiation Thermometry: Fundamentals and Applications in the Petrochemical Industry
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Radiation Safety: Management and Programs - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.