Posted on 2017-10-11, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Maxim Leo | Category: Non-fiction | Language: English | Page: 1 | ISBN: 1908968516 |
Description: [b]Winner of the European Book Prize[/b] Growing up in East Berlin, Maxim Leo knew not to ask questions. All he knew was that his rebellious parents, Wolf and Anne, with their dyed hair, leather jackets and insistence he call them by their first names, were a bit embarrassing. That there were some places you couldn't play certain things you didn't say. Now, married with two children and the Wall a distant memory, Maxim decides to find the answers to the questions he couldn't ask. Why did his parents, once passionately in love, grow apart? Why did his father become so angry, and his mother quit her career in journalism? And why did his grandfather Gerhard, the Socialist war hero, turn into a stranger? The story he unearths is, like his country's past, one of hopes, lies, cruelties, betrayals but also love. In Red Love he captures, with warmth and unflinching honesty, why so many dreamed the GDR would be a new world and why, in the end, it fell apart. "Tender, acute and utterly absorbing. In fine portraits of his family members Leo takes us through three generations of his family, showing how they adopt, reject and survive the fierce, uplifting and ultimately catastrophic ideologies of 20th-century Europe. We are taken on an intimate journey from the exhilaration and extreme courage of the French Resistance to the uncomfortable moral accommodations of passive resistance in the GDR. With wonderful insight Leo shows how the human need to believe and to belong to a cause greater than ourselves can inspire a person to acts of heroism, but can then ossify into loyalty to a cause that long ago betrayed its people." Anna Funder, author of Stasiland Maxim Leo was born in 1970 in East Berlin. He studied Political Science at the Free University in Berlin and at the Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Paris. Since 1997 he is Editor of the Berliner Zeitung. In 2002 he was nominated for the Egon-Erwin-Kisch Prize, and in the same year won the German-French Journalism Prize. He won the Theodor Wolff Prize in 2006. He lives in Berlin.
Red Love: The Story of an East German Family.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32279
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Red Orchestra: The Story of the Berlin Underground and the Circle of Friends Who Resisted Hitler
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Red Love Across the Pacific: Political and Sexual Revolutions of the Twentieth Century - Removed
- 2017-10-18[PDF] The Red Canary: The Story of the First Genetically Engineered Animal
- 2012-06-03The Story of a North Sea Air Station
- 2012-05-17Dominator: The Story of the Consolidated B-32 Bomber
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Righteous Gentile: The Story of Raoul Wallenberg, Missing Hero of the Holocaust
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Gods & Heroes: The Story of Greek Mythology
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Lincoln Memorial: The Story and Design of an American Monument
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Another America: The Story of Liberia and the Former Slaves Who Ruled It - Removed
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Total War: The Story of World War II
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Wolf Pack: The Story of the U-Boat in World War II (General Military)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] America Bewitched: The Story of Witchcraft After Salem
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Under Michigan: The Story of Michigan's Rocks and Fossils (Great Lakes Books)
- 2018-01-18[PDF] George Adamski The Story of a UFO Contactee
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Beautiful Child: The Story of a Child Trapped in Silence and the Teacher Who Refused to Give Up on Her [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Red Tide: The Chronicles of the Exile, Book Three - Removed
- 2018-01-11[PDF] True North: The Story of Mary and Elizabeth Durack
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Big Jinny: The Story of a Grizzly Bear
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Adventurous Empires: The Story of the Short Empire Flying-Boats
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.