[PDF] Rene Cassin and Human Rights: From the Great War to the Universal Declaration (Human Rights in History)
Posted on 2017-12-11, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Jay Winter | Category: Sociology | Language: French | Page: 397 | ISBN: 1107032563 | ISBN13: 9781107032569 |
Description: Through the life of one extraordinary man, this biography reveals what the term human rights meant to the men and women who endured two world wars, and how this major political and intellectual movement ultimately inspired and enshrined the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Rene Cassin was a man of his generation, committed to moving from war to peace through international law, and whose work won him the Nobel Peace Prize in 1968. His life crossed all the major events of the first seventy years of the twentieth century, and illustrates the hopes, aspirations, failures and achievements of an entire generation. It shows how today's human rights regimes emerged from the First World War as a pacifist response to that catastrophe and how, after 1945, human rights became a way to go beyond the dangers of absolute state sovereignty, helping to create today's European project.
Rene Cassin and Human Rights: From the Great War to the Universal Declaration (Human Rights in History).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34290
- 2011-11-10Mark Bittman's Quick and Easy Recipes from the New York Times
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Sandals, shoes and other leatherwork from the Coptic Monastery Deir el-Bachit
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Australian Soldiers in South Africa and Vietnam: Words from the Battlefield (Bloomsbury Studies in Military History)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Being, Freedom, and Method: Themes from the Philosophy of Peter van Inwagen
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Political Order and Political Decay: From the Industrial Revolution to the Globalization of Democracy [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Information Systems and Technology Education: From the University to the Workplace
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Inbound Marketing and SEO: Insights from the Moz Blog
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Topic, Focus and Configurationality: Papers from the 6th Groningen Grammar Talks, Groningen, 1984 (Linguistik Aktuell/Linguistics Today)
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Luck, Value, and Commitment: Themes From the Ethics of Bernard Williams
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Mind, Meaning, and Knowledge: Themes from the Philosophy of Crispin Wright
- 2017-11-25[PDF] Political Order and Political Decay: From the Industrial Revolution to the Globalization of Democracy [Audiobook]
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Pale Kings and Princes (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy Book 6)
- 2017-11-17[PDF] New Chemistry and New Opportunities from the Expanding Protein Universe: Proceedings of the 23rd International Solvay Conference on Chemistry, Hotel M
- 2017-11-11[PDF] BBQ: Healthy and Delicious Recipes from The Sneaky Chef
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Mr. Kafka: And Other Tales from the Time of the Cult
- 2017-10-14[PDF] American Paintings and Historical Prints from the Middendorf Collection
- 2017-01-16[PDF] American Paintings and Historical Prints from the Middendorf Collection
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Luck, Value, and Commitment: Themes From the Ethics of Bernard Williams
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Mind, Meaning, and Knowledge: Themes from the Philosophy of Crispin Wright
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.