[PDF] Romantic Love and Sexual Behavior: Perspectives from the Social Sciences (Oxford in Asia Paperbacks)
Posted on 2017-11-25, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Victor C. de Munck | Publisher: Praeger | Category: Sex | Language: English | Page: 320 | ISBN: 0275957268 | ISBN13: 9780275957261 |
Description: Westerners believe that love makes life worth living that sex is a natural desire different in kind from love and that only cynics reduce our love life to a calculation of economic or genetic factors. In this volume, essays explore these and other assumptions about the relationship between romantic love and sex. This represents the first interdisciplinary social science study of love and sex. Contributors ask and answer questions such as: Is love just sex idealized, or is it a transcendent and divine emotion? Is love a cultural construct that is shared by members of the same culture, or is it a matter of personal taste? What keeps promiscuous people from using condoms even when they know they are at risk? Are black professional men so rare that their conceptions of love and sex differ from those of white professional men? Are brutal sexual fantasies an exclusively male domain, and are they always excluded from love fantasies among normal adolescents? Is divorce a culturally induced response to evolutionary reproductive strategies that compel individuals to maximize their genetic legacy? Are marriages or relationships less satisfying or stable when an actual mate falls short of the fantasy of the ideal mate? Is there a universal core to love and sex that is camouflaged by other cultural norms such as modesty and sexual segregation? Is rape perceived as more acceptable when the rapist says he was motivated by love? What do cult movements and romantic love have in common? As they attempt to answer these and other questions, the authors extend our understanding of the variety of ways that love and sex are conceptualized, connected, or separated.
Romantic Love and Sexual Behavior: Perspectives from the Social Sciences (Oxford in Asia Paperbacks).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33787
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Romantic Love and Sexual Behavior: Perspectives from the Social Sciences (Oxford in Asia Paperbacks)
- 2010-05-09Romantic Love and Sexual Behavior: Perspectives from the Social Sciences
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Ageing and Technology: Perspectives from the Social Sciences (Aging Studies)
- 2021-07-25Matthew Measuring Well Being Interdisciplinary Perspectives From The Social Sciences And The Humanities 2021
- 2021-07-23Matthew Measuring Well Being Interdisciplinary Perspectives From The Social Sciences And The Humanities 2021
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Place-Based Conservation: Perspectives from the Social Sciences - Removed
- 2022-03-08Artificial Intelligence and Its Discontents Critiques from the Social Sciences and Humanities - Removed
- 2018-11-02The Making of Finance: Perspectives from the Social Sciences
- 2018-11-02The Making of Finance Perspectives from the Social Sciences
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Adolescent Romantic Relations and Sexual Behavior: Theory, Research, and Practical Implications
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Jewish, Christian, and Islamic Mystical Perspectives on the Love of God - Removed
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Young Children and their Parents: Perspectives from Psychoanalytic Infant Observation - Removed
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Understanding Child Sexual Abuse: Perspectives from the Caribbean - Removed
- 2008-12-06Adolescent Romantic Relations and Sexual Behavior: Theory, Research, and Practical Implications
- 2022-03-08Guns, Gun Violence and Gun Homicides Perspectives from the Caribbean, Global South and Beyond - Removed
- 2019-12-16A Half Baked Idea: How Grief, Love and Cake Took Me From the Courtroom to Le Cordon Bleu - Removed
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Wind Energy and Wildlife Interactions: Presentations from the CWW2015 Conference
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Intellectual Disability and Stigma: Stepping Out from the Margins - Removed
- 2017-12-30[PDF] 101 Quick and Easy Ideas Taken from the Master Photographers of the Twentieth Century
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.