Posted on 2017-11-30, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Nadera Shalhoub-Kevorkian | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 240 | ISBN: 1107097355 | ISBN13: 9781107097353 |
Description: This examination of Palestinian experiences of life and death within the context of Israeli settler colonialism broadens the analytical horizon to include those who 'keep on existing' and explores how Israeli theologies and ideologies of security, surveillance and fear can obscure violence and power dynamics while perpetuating existing power structures. Drawing from everyday aspects of Palestinian victimization, survival, life and death, and moving between the local and the global, Nadera Shalhoub-Kevorkian introduces and defines her notion of 'Israeli security theology' and the politics of fear within Palestine/Israel. She relies on a feminist analysis, invoking the intimate politics of the everyday and centering the Palestinian body, family life, memory and memorialization, birth and death as critical sites from which to examine the settler colonial state's machineries of surveillance which produce and maintain a political economy of fear that justifies colonial violence.
Security Theology, Surveillance and the Politics of Fear.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33935
- 2020-04-30Security Theology, Surveillance and the Politics of Fear (Cambridge Studies in Law and Society)
- 2017-04-10[PDF] American Foreign Policy and The Politics of Fear: Threat Inflation since 9/11 (Routledge Global Security Studies)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] American Foreign Policy and The Politics of Fear: Threat Inflation since 9/11 (Routledge Global Security Studies)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] International Criminal Justice and the Politics of Compliance
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Broken English: Dialects and the Politics of Language in Renaissance Writings
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Why Mars: NASA and the Politics of Space Exploration (New Series in NASA History) - Removed
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Hegel: Religion, Economics, and the Politics of Spirit, 1770-1807 (Ideas in Context)
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Broken Harmony: Shakespeare and the Politics of Music
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Feeling Backward: Loss and the Politics of Queer History
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Israel's Holocaust and the Politics of Nationhood (Cambridge Middle East Studies)
- 2017-11-21[PDF] Purifying Empire: Obscenity and the Politics of Moral Regulation in Britain, India and Australia
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Saving Face: Disfigurement and the Politics of Appearance
- 2017-11-10[PDF] Exhausting Dance: Performance and the Politics of Movement
- 2017-11-10[PDF] Bourgeois Liberty and the Politics of Fear: From Absolutism to Neo-Conservatism
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Modernist Fiction, Cosmopolitanism and the Politics of Community
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Biological Economies: Experimentation and the politics of agri-food frontiers (Routledge Studies in Food, Society and the Environment)
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Fashioning Africa: Power and the Politics of Dress (African Expressive Cultures)
- 2017-10-09[PDF] Manuscript Verse Collectors and the Politics of Anti-Courtly Love Poetry
- 2017-10-04[PDF] Affective Mapping: Melancholia and the Politics of Modernism
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.