Posted on 2017-11-30, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Paul Bouissac | Publisher: De Gruyter Mouton | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 197 | ISBN: 3110218291 | ISBN13: 9783110218299 |
Description: Semiotics is long on theoretical, often obscure discourses, but short on applications that demonstrate with clarity the applicability of its methods. This book confronts a challenging object, the circus, and endeavors to describe its performances in ways that explain how circus acts produce meaning and cause a deep emotional involvement for their audiences. The approach is not top-down, such as would be a method that would dogmatically apply a particular theory to fully explain the phenomena in terms of this theory alone. Epistemologically, this book is an example of the bottom-up strategy, which consists of considering first the objects and heuristically calling upon methodological resources in a broad theoretical array to come to grips with the problems that are encountered. Any circus act is a complex event that has cognitive and emotional dimensions. It is also a part of a history and an institution, and cannot be abstracted from its cultural and sociological contexts. Thus the range of relevant theoretical and methodological approaches must include structural semiotics, biosemiotics, pragmatics, socio-semiotics, cultural anthropology, the cognitive sciences, the psychology and sociology of emotions, to name only the most important. But the ultimate focus of this book is to enable the readers to better understand the meaning of circus performances and to appreciate the skills and creativity of this traditional popular art, which constantly renews itself from generation to generation.
Semiotics at the Circus (Semiotics, Communication and Cognition).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33921
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Thinking in Diagrams: The Semiotic Basis of Human Cognition (Semiotics, Communication and Cognition)
- 2017-10-29[PDF] Structure and the Whole (Semiotics, Communication and Cognition)
- 2017-10-14[PDF] Signifying and Understanding: Reading the Works of Victoria Welby and the Signific Movement (Semiotics, Communication and Cognition)
- 2020-05-12Structure and the Whole (Semiotics, Communication and Cognition [Scc])
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Semiotics of Classical Music: How Mozart, Brahms and Wagner Talk to Us (Semiotics, Communication and Cognition [Scc])
- 2017-10-29[PDF] Charles Sanders Peirce in His Own Words (Semiotics, Communication and Cognition)
- 2017-04-09[PDF] Sign Studies and Semioethics (Semiotics, Communication and Cognition)
- 2014-02-01J. Lotman, M. Grishakova, W. Clark, "Culture and Explosion (Semiotics, Communication and Cognition)"
- 2018-01-29[PDF] All About Music: The Complete Ontology: Realities, Semiotics, Communication, and Embodiment (Computational Music Science) - Removed
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Enterprise Architecture at Work: Modelling, Communication and Analysis (The Enterprise Engineering Series) - Removed
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Semiotics: Theory and Applications (Languages and Linguistics: Media and Communications-Technologies, Policies and Challenges)
- 2018-01-15[PDF] The Myth of Mirror Neurons: The Real Neuroscience of Communication and Cognition
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Enterprise Architecture at Work: Modelling, Communication and Analysis (The Enterprise Engineering Series)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] The Circus Age: Culture and Society under the American Big Top
- 2017-11-05[PDF] The Handbook of Communication and Corporate Reputation
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Rising to New Heights of Communication and Learning for Children with Autism: The Definitive Guide to Using Alternative-Augmentive Communication, ... and Learning Supports at Home and School
- 2017-11-03[PDF] The Handbook of Communication and Corporate Social Responsibility
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Show Me the Money: Writing Business and Economics Stories for Mass Communication (Routledge Communication Series)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Show Me the Money: Writing Business and Economics Stories for Mass Communication (Routledge Communication Series)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.