[PDF] Small Town Talk: Bob Dylan, The Band, Van Morrison, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix and Friends in the Wild Years of Woodstock
Posted on 2017-10-14, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Barney Hoskyns | Category: Non-fiction | Language: English | Page: 424 | ISBN: 0306823209 | ISBN13: 9780306823206 |
Description: Think "Woodstock" and the mind turns to the seminal 1969 festival that crowned a seismic decade of sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll. But the town of Woodstock, New York, the original planned venue of the concert, is located over 60 miles from the site to which the fabled half a million flocked. Long before the landmark music festival usurped the name, Woodstockâ€”the tiny Catskills town where Bob Dylan holed up after his infamous 1966 motorcycle accidentâ€”was already a key location in the '60s rock landscape. In Small Town Talk, Barney Hoskyns re-creates Woodstock's community of brilliant dysfunctional musicians, scheming dealers, and opportunistic hippie capitalists drawn to the area by Dylan and his sidekicks from the Band. Central to the book's narrative is the broodingly powerful presence of Albert Grossman, manager of Dylan, the Band, Janis Joplin, Paul Butterfield, and Todd Rundgrenâ€”and the Big Daddy of a personal fiefdom in Bearsville that encompassed studios, restaurants, and his own record label. Intertwined in the story are the Woodstock experiences and associations of artists as diverse as Van Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, Tim Hardin, Karen Dalton, and Bobby Charles (whose immortal song-portrait of Woodstock gives the book its title). Drawing on numerous first-hand interviews with the remaining key players in the sceneâ€”and on the period when he lived there himself in the 1990sâ€”Hoskyns has produced an Eats Coast companion to his bestselling L.A. canyon classic Hotel California. This is a richly absorbing study of a vital music scene in a revolutionary time and place.
Small Town Talk: Bob Dylan, The Band, Van Morrison, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix and Friends in the Wild Years of Woodstock.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32369
- 2017-01-17[PDF] Small Town Talk: Bob Dylan, The Band, Van Morrison, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix and Friends in the Wild Years of Woodstock
- 2017-11-21[PDF] Small Town, Big Secrets: : Inside the Boca Raton Army Air Field during World War II
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Small-Town America: Finding Community, Shaping the Future
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Small Town Heroes (Wearing the Cape) (Volume 4)
- 2011-11-04Play Acoustic Guitar with ... Bob Dylan
- 2021-02-10Bob Dylan The Freewheelin Bob Dylan (1963)mp3 256kbps mickjapa108
- 2020-01-18Bob Dylan The 50th Anniversary Collection 1969 (2019)
- 2020-01-18Bob Dylan The 50th Anniversary Collection: The Copyright Extension Collection, Volume I (2012) mp3
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Small Teaching: Everyday Lessons from the Science of Learning
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Really Easy Piano: Bob Dylan
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Small Town Sustainability
- 2017-12-04[PDF] PLAY GUITAR W BOB DYLAN BK/CD (London)
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Small Town Secret: Mayfield Springs Book 1
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Small Town Shock (Some Very English Murders) (Volume 1)
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Small Town Secrets (Some Very English Murders) (Volume 2)
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Small Town, Big Dreams: A Smitten Novella
- 2017-11-02[PDF] Small Town Filly (Sandbar Stables Cozy Mystery Book 1)
- 2017-10-31Bob Dylan: The Essential Interviews
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Small Town Christmas (Lucky Harbor)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.