Posted on 2017-12-25, updated at 2018-10-02, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Sevket Akyildiz and Richard Carlson | Publisher: Routledge | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 224 | ISBN: 0415704537 | ISBN13: 9780415704533 |
Description: Focusing on Soviet culture and its social ramifications both during the Soviet period and in the post-Soviet era, this book addresses important themes associated with Sovietisation and socialisation in the Central Asian states of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan. The book contains contributions from scholars in a variety of disciplines, and looks at topics that have been somewhat marginalised in contemporary studies of Central Asia, including education, anthropology, music, literature and poetry, film, history and state-identity construction, and social transformation. It examines how the Soviet legacy affected the development of the republics in Central Asia, and how it continues to affect the society, culture and polity of the region. Although each state in Central Asia has increasingly developed its own way, the book shows that the states have in varying degrees retained the influence of the Soviet past, or else are busily establishing new political identities in reaction to their Soviet legacy, and in doing so laying claim to, re-defining, and reinventing pre-Soviet and Soviet images and narratives. Throwing new light and presenting alternate points of view on the question of the Soviet legacy in the Soviet Central Asian successor states, the book is of interest to academics in the field of Russian and Central Asian Studies.
Social and Cultural Change in Central Asia: The Soviet Legacy (Central Asia Research Forum).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34706
- 2017-11-20[PDF] American Immigration: An Encyclopedia of Political, Social, and Cultural Change (2nd edition) 4-volume set
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Health and Well-Being: A Social and Cultural Perspective (Public Health in the 21st Century)
- 2017-12-05[PDF] Social and Cultural Dynamics
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Coexistence and Cultural Transmission in East Asia (One World Archaeology)
- 2017-11-01[PDF] Social and Cultural Aspects of Language Learning in Study Abroad (Language Learning & Language Teaching)
- 2012-01-03Health and Well Being: A Social and Cultural Perspective (Public Health in the 21st Century) - Quynh Le
- 2010-05-23The Dilemmas of Destalinisation A Social and Cultural History of Reform in the Khrushchev Era
- 2009-02-04The Dilemmas of Destalinisation A Social and Cultural History of Reform in the Khrushchev Era
- 2018-06-25Visions of Justice Shari'a and Cultural Change in Russian Central Asia
- 2009-07-30Television in India: Satellites, Politics and Cultural Change (Media, Culture and Social Change in Asia Series)
- 2021-03-17Grounding Global Climate Change: Contributions from the Social and Cultural Sciences - Removed
- 2020-06-26The Anthropology of Climate Change: An Historical Reader (Wiley Blackwell Anthologies in Social and Cultural Anthropology)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Identity through History: Living Stories in a Solomon Islands Society (Cambridge Studies in Social and Cultural Anthropology)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Exploring the Use and Impact of Travel Guidebooks (Tourism and Cultural Change)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Encyclopedia of the Social and Cultural Foundations of Education
- 2018-01-20[PDF] The First World War and German National Identity: The Dual Alliance at War (Studies in the Social and Cultural History of Modern Warfare) [German]
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Honor and Grace in Anthropology (Cambridge Studies in Social and Cultural Anthropology)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Ordinary Workers, Vichy and the Holocaust: French Railwaymen and the Second World War (Studies in the Social and Cultural History of Modern Warfare) [French]
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Language and Emotion (Studies in the Social and Cultural Foundations of Language)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.