Posted on 2017-12-24, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Sandra Lach Arlinghaus | Category: Geosciences | Language: English | Page: 300 | ISBN: 146650532X | ISBN13: 9781466505322 |
Description: In terms of statistics, GIS offers many connections. With GIS, data are gathered, displayed, summarized, examined, and interpreted to discover patterns. Spatial Mathematics: Theory and Practice through Mapping uses GIS as a platform to teach mathematical concepts and skills through visualization of numbers. It examines theory and practice from disparate academic disciplines such as geography, mathematics, physics, and general social science. This approach allows students to grapple with biodiversity, crime, natural hazards, climate, energy, water, and other relevant real-world issues of the twenty-first century. Includes QR Codes Linked to Animated Maps, a Mapping Activity Site, or to an Interactive Webpage, Creating an Interactive Resource That Stays Relevant The book integrates competing philosophical views of the world: synthesis and analysis. These two approaches yield different results and employ different tools. This book considers both approaches to looking at real-world issues that have mathematics as a critical, but often unseen, component. This approach shows readers how to use mathematics to consider the broad problem at hand and to explore diverse realms in the worlds of geography and mathematics and in their interface. A truly interdisciplinary text, the book bridges the worlds of mathematics and geography and demonstrates how they are inextricably linked. It takes advantage of the convergence in citizen science, STEM education, and mapping that help readers become critical consumers of dataâ€”understanding its content, quality, limitations, and benefits. It provides thorough grounding in the analytical, statistical, and computational skills required for working in any field that uses geospatial technologiesâ€”not just surveyors and remote sensing analysts.
Spatial Mathematics: Theory and Practice through Mapping.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34667
- 2013-10-21Spatial Mathematics: Theory and Practice through Mapping
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Natural Capital: Theory and Practice of Mapping Ecosystem Services
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Natural Capital: Theory and Practice of Mapping Ecosystem Services
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Extrapolation Methods: Theory and Practice (Studies in Computational Mathematics)
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Advanced Calculus: Theory and Practice (Textbooks in Mathematics)
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Data Fusion Mathematics: Theory and Practice
- 2020-10-07Financial Mathematics: Theory and Practice
- 2018-06-22Scientific Inquiry in Mathematics - Theory and Practice A STEM Perspective
- 2018-06-08Scientific Inquiry in Mathematics - Theory and Practice A STEM Perspective
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Elizabethan Rhetoric: Theory and Practice (Ideas in Context)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] SOFSEM 2017: Theory and Practice of Computer Science: 43rd International Conference on Current Trends in Theory and Practice of Computer Science, ... (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Financial Mathematics: Theory and Problems for Multi-period Models (UNITEXT) - Removed
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Wood Coatings: Theory and Practice
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Rural Development Theory and Practice (Routledge Studies in Development and Society)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Physical Agents: Theory and Practice
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Decision Sciences: Theory and Practice
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Inside Installations: Theory and Practice in the Care of Complex Artworks (RCE Publications)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Music In Theory and Practice, Vol. 2
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Circuit Analysis: Theory And Practice & Circuit Analysis With Devices: Theory And Practice STUDY GUIDE
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.