[PDF] Stillness in Motion: Italy, Photography, and the Meanings of Modernity (Toronto Italian Studies)
Posted on 2017-12-08, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Sarah Patricia HIll | Publisher: University of Toronto Press, Scholarly Publishing Division | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 384 | ISBN: 144264933X | ISBN13: 9781442649330 |
Description: Stillness in Motion brings together the writing of scholars, theorists, and artists on the uneasy relationship between Italian culture and photography. Highlighting the depth and complexity of the Italian contribution to the technology and practice of photography, this collection offers essays, interviews, and theoretical reflections at the intersection of comparative, visual, and cultural studies. Its chapters, illustrated with more than 130 black and white images and an eight-page colour section, explore how Italian literature, cinema, popular culture, and politics have engaged with the medium of photography over the course of time. The collection includes topics such as Futurismâ€™s ambivalent relationship to photography, the influence of American photography on Italian neorealist cinema, and the connection between the photograph and Duchampâ€™s concept of the Readymade. With contributions from writer and theorist Umberto Eco, photographer Franco Vaccari, art historian Robert Valtorta, and cultural historian Robert Lumley, Stillness in Motion engages with crucial historical and cultural moments in Italian history, examining each one through particular photographic practices.
Stillness in Motion: Italy, Photography, and the Meanings of Modernity (Toronto Italian Studies).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34199
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Courtesy Lost: Dante, Boccaccio, and the Literature of History (Toronto Italian Studies) [Italian]
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Peace in Motion: John Dewey and the Aesthetics of Well-Being (American University Studies)
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Rediscovering Sainthood in Italy: Hagiography and the Late Antique Past in Medieval Ravenna (The New Middle Ages) - Removed
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Faking Death: Canadian Art Photography and the Canadian Imagination
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Producing Security: Multinational Corporations, Globalization, and the Changing Calculus of Conflict (Princeton Studies in International History and Politics)
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Every Twelve Seconds: Industrialized Slaughter and the Politics of Sight (Yale Agrarian Studies Series)
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Every Twelve Seconds: Industrialized Slaughter and the Politics of Sight (Yale Agrarian Studies Series)
- 2011-12-29Italy and the European Union (Brookings-Sspa Series on Public Administration)
- 2011-09-05Italy and the European Union
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Chasing the Light: Photography and the Practice of Seeing
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Documenting the World: Film, Photography, and the Scientific Record
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Mastering Nikon Speedlights: A Complete Guide to Small Flash Photography and the Creative Lighting System
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Banned in the Media: A Reference Guide to Censorship in the Press, Motion Pictures, Broadcasting, and the Internet (New Directions in Information Management)
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Japan on Display: Photography and the Emperor
- 2017-12-05[PDF] Schooling in Renaissance Italy: Literacy and Learning, 1300-1600 (The Johns Hopkins University Studies in Historical and Political Science)
- 2017-12-04[PDF] The Beautiful Country: Tourism and the Impossible State of Destination Italy (Toronto Italian Studies)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Imprisoned in a Luminous Glare: Photography and the African American Freedom Struggle
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Illusions in Motion: Media Archaeology of the Moving Panorama and Related Spectacles (Leonardo Book Series)
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Chasing the Light: Photography and the Practice of Seeing
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.