Posted on 2018-01-04, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Elizabeth Hill Boone | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 312 | ISBN: 0292719892 | ISBN13: 9780292719897 |
Description: The Aztecs and Mixtecs of ancient Mexico recorded their histories pictorially in images painted on hide, paper, and cloth. The tradition of painting history continued even after the Spanish Conquest, as the Spaniards accepted the pictorial histories as valid records of the past. Five Pre-Columbian and some 150 early colonial painted histories survive today. This copiously illustrated book offers the first comprehensive analysis of the Mexican painted history as an intellectual, documentary, and pictorial genre. Elizabeth Hill Boone explores how the Mexican historians conceptualized and painted their past and introduces the major pictorial records: the Aztec annals and cartographic histories and the Mixtec screenfolds and lienzos. Boone focuses her analysis on the kinds of stories told in the histories and on how the manuscripts work pictorially to encode, organize, and preserve these narratives. This twofold investigation broadens our understanding of how preconquest Mexicans used pictographic history for political and social ends. It also demonstrates how graphic writing systems created a broadly understood visual "language" that communicated effectively across ethnic and linguistic boundaries.
Stories in Red and Black: Pictorial Histories of the Aztecs and Mixtecs.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35025
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Stories in Red and Black: Pictorial Histories of the Aztecs and Mixtecs
- 2014-02-12Stories in Red and Black: Pictorial Histories of the Aztecs and Mixtecs
- 2014-01-30Stories in Red and Black: Pictorial Histories of the Aztecs and Mixtecs
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Stories of Men and Teaching: A New Narrative Approach to Understanding Masculinity and Education (SpringerBriefs in Education) - Removed
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Stories of Detection and Mystery: Level 5 (Penguin Readers (Graded Readers)) [Audiobook and Book]
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Stories for Nighttime and Some for the Day - Removed
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Stories of Faith and Courage from World War II (Battlefields & Blessings)
- 2017-01-09[PDF] Stories for Nighttime and Some for the Day - Removed
- 2012-03-10East Wind Rain: A Pictorial History of the Pearl Harbor Attack
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Rails Across North America: A Pictorial Journey Across the USA
- 2018-01-27[PDF] The Red and the Black: American Film Noir in the 1950s
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Red, White & Black: Cinema and the Structure of U.S. Antagonisms
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Simply Truffles: Recipes and Stories That Capture the Essence of the Black Diamond
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Scientific Models: Red Atoms, White Lies and Black Boxes in a Yellow Book - Removed
- 2016-12-27[PDF] Simply Truffles: Recipes and Stories That Capture the Essence of the Black Diamond
- 2021-03-21Panther: The Pictorial History of the Black Panthers and the Story Behind the Film
- 2019-08-06!(Deluxe) - Why You Should Read Red and White Quilts: Infinite Variety: Presented by The American Folk Art Museum by Elizabeth V. Warren Online or Download [^PDF ^MOBI ^EPUB]
- 2019-08-06_ (A-Z Books) - Why You Should Read Women of Colonial America: 13 Stories of Courage and Survival in the New World by Brandon Marie Miller Online or Download [@PDF @EPUB @MOBI]
- 2019-07-29$%(Great) - Why You Should Read The Secret Wisdom of Nature: Trees, Animals, and the Extraordinary Balance of All Living Things ― Stories from Science and Observation by Peter Wohlleben Online or Download [*PDF *EPUB *MOBI]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.