[PDF] Sweet Talk: Paternalism and Collective Action in North-South Trade Relations (EMERGING FRONTIERS IN THE GLOBAL ECONOMY)
Posted on 2018-01-21, by luongquocchinh.
Author: J. P. Singh | Category: Economy | Language: English | Page: 264 | ISBN: 080479412X | ISBN13: 9780804794121 |
Description: Developed nations strive to create the impression that their hearts and pockets bleed for the developing world. Yet, the global North continues to offer unfavorable trade terms to the global South. Truly fair trade would make reciprocal concessions to developing countries while allowing them to better their own positions. However, five hundred years of colonial racism and post-colonial paternalism have undermined trade negotiations. While urging developing countries to participate in trade, the North offers empty deals to "partners" that it regards as unequal. Using a mixed-methods approach, J. P. Singh exposes the actual position beneath the North's image of benevolence and empathy: either join in the type of trade that developed countries offer, or be cast aside as obstreperous and unwilling. Singh reveals how the global North ultimately bars developing nations from flourishing. His findings chart a path forward, showing that developing nations can garner favorable concessions by drawing on unique strengths and through collective advocacy. Sweet Talk offers a provocative rethinking of how far our international relations have come and how far we still have to go.
Sweet Talk: Paternalism and Collective Action in North-South Trade Relations (EMERGING FRONTIERS IN THE GLOBAL ECONOMY).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35542
- 2020-02-16Sweet Talk: Paternalism and Collective Action in North-South Trade Relations (Emerging Frontiers in the Global Economy)
- 2020-05-01Intra-Industry Trade: Cooperation and Conflict in the Global Political Economy (Emerging Frontiers in the Global Economy)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Beyond Displacement: Campesinos, Refugees, and Collective Action in the Salvadoran Civil War (Critical Human Rights)
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Cooperation and Collective Action: Archaeological Perspectives
- 2020-08-22The Political Economy of Ethnic Conflict in Sri Lanka: Economic Liberalization, Mobilizational Resources, and Ethnic Collective Action (Routledge Contemporary South Asia Series)
- 2020-03-28The New Food Activism: Opposition, Cooperation, and Collective Action - Removed
- 2018-07-06Environment, Inequality and Collective Action
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Sweet Paul Eat and Make: Charming Recipes and Kitchen Crafts You Will Love
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Sweet Revenge (Friends and Lovers, #1)
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Sweet Talk (Buchanan-Renard, Book 10)
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Sweet Anticipation: Music and the Psychology of Expectation (Bradford Books)
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Choice: Cooperation, Enterprise, and Human Action
- 2017-10-05[PDF] Participatory Sensing, Opinions and Collective Awareness (Understanding Complex Systems)
- 2017-04-02Beyond Displacement Campesinos, Refugees, and Collective Action in the Salvadoran Civil War
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Sweet Anticipation: Music and the Psychology of Expectation (Bradford Books)
- 2016-07-06Cooperation and Collective Action Archaeological Perspectives
- 2014-06-01Political Virtue and Shopping: Individuals, Consumerism, and Collective Action
- 2014-06-01Political Virtue and Shopping: Individuals, Consumerism, and Collective Action - Removed
- 2014-05-26Political Virtue and Shopping: Individuals, Consumerism, and Collective Action (repost) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.