[PDF] The American Bar Association Family Legal Guide: Completely Revised and Updated Edition of You and the Law
Posted on 2018-01-19, by luongquocchinh.
Author: American Bar Association | Publisher: Crown | Category: Law | Language: English | Page: 782 | ISBN: 0812923618 |
Description: From Library Journal An update of You and the Law (Publications Intl., Ltd., 1990), covering every legal situation imaginable. Copyright 1994 Reed Business Information, Inc. Product Description The American Bar Association Family Legal Guide offers the most comprehensive, useful, and authoritative information available on how the law affects individuals at home, at work, and at play. This practical guide will help consumers steer clear of many legal pitfalls and will guide readers to a better understanding of their rights and responsibilities under the law. The book has been prepared by many experts in a wide range of legal areas, under the careful direction of the American Bar Association, the nation's leading authority on legal matters. Using a straightforward question-and-answer format -- along with numerous sidebars, charts and graphs -- this volume is divided into specific subject areas for easy reference. The first chapter, "When and How to Use a Lawyer," helps you determine when to contact a lawyer, how to find one -- and which kind; it will explain the questions to ask and provides an understanding of fees and expenses. Also included are the alternatives to lawsuits and what you can do if a lawyer does not satisfy you. Next is a clear and thorough explanation of "How the Legal System Works." It clearly explains the different court systems and discusses juries, trials, verdicts, and post-trial procedures. The rest of the book looks at how the law affects all of us in our everyday lives, focusing on our questions and concerns as we go about our daily affairs. For example, families are tremendously important to us, and the chapter on "Family Law" provides valuable information on marriage (and money), children, separation, annulment, and divorce. Several chapters look at how the law affects where we live. "Buying and Selling a Home" introduces the players involved and provides tips on selecting a "seller's broker" and a "buyer's broker," as well as how to work without an agent. This chapter also explains your rights concerning the purchase contract, home inspections, home loans, the title and closing, as well as tax considerations and the Fair Housing Act. "Home Ownership" discusses how the law affects you once you've bought your home. It covers property rights and restrictions, managing neighborhood problems, and protecting your rights when contracting for home improvements and repairs. The chapter on "Renting Residential Property" examines the landlord/tenant relationship, leases (and their termination), maintenance, security deposits, rent control, and fair housing laws. The chapters on "Consumer Credit," "Consumer Bankruptcy" and "Contracts and Consumer Law" cover such topics as: choosing a credit card, credit records debt collections and the law; straight bankruptcy and its alternatives; and types of contracts, breaches, and remedies. The "Automobiles" chapter takes you through buying a new car, buying or selling a used car, warranties, inspections, your auto and the police, as well as accidents and insurance. Work is also central to the lives of most of us. "Law and the Workplace" lays out the federal laws that apply on the job and takes up the hiring process, discrimination, privacy, AIDS and the employee, unions, safety, employment termination, and pension plans. A chapter on "Forming and Operating a Small Business" provides advice on types of business organizations, ways of getting organized, and your rights when dealing with operational problems and organic changes. "Personal Injury" helps you understand your rights during claims of negligence, auto accidents, injuries on your (and others') property as well as medical malpractice, liabilities and intentional wrongs. "Criminal Justice" examines the basics of criminal law, defenses against criminal charges and other sentencing and appeals processes. A chapter on "The Rights of Older Americans" discusses pensions, social security, health and long-term care benefits, controlling your own affairs, and legal services for the elderly. The "Estate Planning" chapter explains wills, trusts, living trusts, death and taxes. The American Bar Association Family Legal Guide should be at the fingertips of anyone who wants to be an informed legal consumer. The American Bar Association is the world's largest voluntary professional organization. One of its primary goals is to increase public understanding of the law.
The American Bar Association Family Legal Guide: Completely Revised and Updated Edition of You and the Law.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35466
- 2012-01-04American Medical Association Family Medical Guide
- 2011-12-21American Medical Association Boy's Guide to Becoming a Teen free ebook download
- 2012-01-06American Medical Association Family Medical Guide
- 2012-01-04American Medical Association Family Medical Guide By American Medical Association
- 2012-01-03American Medical Association Family Medical Guide
- 2009-08-27[request]Biotechnology and the Law
- 2017-11-23[PDF] 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Poor Workers' Unions: Rebuilding Labor from Below (Completely Revised and Updated Edition)
- 2011-08-09The American Dietetic Association Guide to Healthy Eating for Kids: How Your Children Can Eat Smart from Five to Twelve
- 2012-01-19American Heart Association Low-Salt Cookbook, 4th Edition: A Complete Guide to Reducing Sodium and Fat in Your Diet - American Heart Association
- 2011-12-12American Heart Association Low-Salt Cookbook, 4th Edition: A Complete Guide to Reducing Sodium and Fat in Your Diet - American Heart Association
- 2011-12-08American Heart Association Low-Salt Cookbook, 4th Edition: A Complete Guide to Reducing Sodium and Fat in Your Diet
- 2011-10-29American Heart Association Healthy Family Meals: 150 Recipes Everyone Will Love
- 2011-10-21American Dietetic Association Complete Food and Nutrition Guide
- 2011-08-29American Dietetic Association Complete Food and Nutrition Guide (2nd Edition)
- 2011-08-08365 Days of Healthy Eating from the American Dietetic Association
- 2011-08-02Representing Agrippina: Constructions of Female Power in the Early Roman Empire (American Philological Association American Classical Studies)
- 2011-07-10Representing Agrippina: Constructions of Female Power in the Early Roman Empire (American Philological Association American Classical Studies)
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Making It in the Music Business: The Business and Legal Guide for Songwriters and Performers
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.