[PDF] The Architecture of Neoliberalism: How Contemporary Architecture Became an Instrument of Control and Compliance
Posted on 2018-01-27, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Douglas Spencer | Publisher: Bloomsbury Academic | Category: Architecture | Language: English | Page: 232 | ISBN: 1472581512 | ISBN13: 9781472581518 |
Description: The Architecture of Neoliberalism pursues an uncompromising critique of the neoliberal turn in contemporary architecture. This book reveals how a self-styled parametric and post-critical architecture serves mechanisms of control and compliance while promoting itself, at the same time, as progressive. Spencer's incisive analysis of the architecture and writings of figures such as Zaha Hadid, Patrik Schumacher, Rem Koolhaas, and Greg Lynn shows them to be in thrall to the same notions of liberty as are propounded in neoliberal thought. Analysing architectural projects in the fields of education, consumption and labour, The Architecture of Neoliberalism examines the part played by contemporary architecture in refashioning human subjects into the compliant figures - student-entrepreneurs, citizen-consumers and team-workers - requisite to the universal implementation of a form of existence devoted to market imperatives.
The Architecture of Neoliberalism: How Contemporary Architecture Became an Instrument of Control and Compliance.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35729
- 2018-09-19The Architecture of Neoliberalism: How Contemporary Architecture Became an Instrument of Control and Compliance
- 2017-03-25The Architecture of Neoliberalism How Contemporary Architecture Became an Instrument of Control ...
- 2018-01-23[PDF] The Aisles Have Eyes: How Retailers Track Your Shopping, Strip Your Privacy, and Define Your Power
- 2018-01-21[PDF] The Single Guy Cookbook: How to Cook Comfort Food Favorites Faster, Easier and Cheaper than Going Out - Removed
- 2018-01-20[PDF] 'The Benchmarking Book: A how-to guide to best practice for managers and practitioners'
- 2018-01-20[PDF] The Economic Indicator Handbook: How to Evaluate Economic Trends to Maximize Profits and Minimize Losses (Bloomberg Financial)
- 2017-12-23[PDF] The End of War: How Waging Peace Can Save Humanity, Our Planet, and Our Future
- 2017-12-03[PDF] The Vertical Gardening Guidebook: How To Create Beautiful Vertical Gardens, Container Gardens and Aeroponic Vertical Tower Gardens at Home (Gardening Guidebooks Book 1)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] The Intelligent Asset Allocator: How to Build Your Portfolio to Maximize Returns and Minimize Risk
- 2017-11-30[PDF] The 5 Skinny Habits: How Ancient Wisdom Can Help You Lose Weight and Change Your Life FOREVER - Removed
- 2017-11-03[PDF] The Passage to Europe: How a Continent Became a Union
- 2017-11-02[PDF] The Subversive Job Search: How to Overcome a Lousy Job, Sluggish Economy, and Useless Degree to Create a Six-Figure Career
- 2017-11-01[PDF] The Glass Half Full: How Optimists Get What They Want From Life - and Pessimists Can Too
- 2017-10-05[PDF] The Most Dangerous Trade: How Short Sellers Uncover Fraud, Keep Markets Honest, and Make and Lose Billions (Bloomberg)
- 2017-04-10[PDF] The Global Class War : How America's Bipartisan Elite Lost Our Future - and What It Will Take to Win it Back
- 2017-01-14[PDF] The Passage to Europe: How a Continent Became a Union
- 2017-10-05[PDF] The Architecture of the Jumping Universe: A Polemic: How Complexity Science is Changing Architecture and Culture (academy editions)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Modern Architecture in Historic Cities: Policy, Planning and Building in Contemporary France
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Architecture Student's Handbook of Professional Practice
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.