Posted on 2018-01-22, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Stephen Addiss | Category: Poetry | Language: English | Page: 384 | ISBN: 1590308867 | ISBN13: 9781590308868 |
Description: In the past hundred years, haiku has gone far beyond its Japanese origins to become a worldwide phenomenonâ€”with the classic poetic form growing and evolving as it has adapted to the needs of the whole range of languages and cultures that have embraced it. This proliferation of the joy of haiku is cause for celebrationâ€”but it can also compel us to go back to the beginning: to look at haikuâ€™s development during the centuries before it was known outside Japan. This in-depth study of haiku history begins with the great early masters of the formâ€”like Basho, Buson, and Issaâ€”and goes all the way to twentieth-century greats, like Santoka. It also focuses on an important aspect of traditional haiku that is less known in the West: haiku art. All the great haiku masters created paintings (called haiga) or calligraphy in connection with their poems, and the words and images were intended to be enjoyed together, enhancing each other, and each adding its own dimension to the readerâ€™s and viewerâ€™s understanding. Here one of the leading haiku scholars of the West takes us on a tour of haiku poetryâ€™s evolution, providing along the way a wealth of examples of the poetry and the art inspired by it.
The Art of Haiku: Its History through Poems and Paintings by Japanese Masters.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35576
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Virgin of Chartres: Making History through Liturgy and the Arts
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The Santa Fe Trail: Its History, Legends, and Lore
- 2017-12-27[PDF] The Art of Opportunity: How to Build Growth and Ventures Through Strategic Innovation and Visual Thinking
- 2017-12-01[PDF] The Art of Storytelling: Telling Truths Through Telling Stories
- 2017-11-10[PDF] The Developmental Science of Adolescence: History Through Autobiography
- 2017-11-06[PDF] The Art of Typography: Communicate Effectively Through the Power of Type (2015)
- 2009-12-09The Art of Scalability: Scalable Web Architecture, Processes, and Organizations for the Modern Enterprise
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Beaver Hills Country: A History of Land and Life (Athabasca University Press)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Imperial Cruise: A Secret History of Empire and War
- 2018-01-22[PDF] The Art of Companion Planting with Shrubs, Bushes and Vines: A Little Book Full of All the Information You Need
- 2018-01-18[PDF] The Art of Computer Programming: Volume 3: Sorting and Searching (2nd Edition)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] The Art of Fixing Things, principles of machines, and how to repair them: 150 tips and tricks to make things last longer, and save you money
- 2018-01-10[PDF] The Art of Paper Quilling: Designing Handcrafted Gifts and Cards
- 2018-01-04[PDF] The Idea Of Israel: A History Of Power And Knowledge
- 2018-01-03[PDF] The Unknown Technology in Homer (History of Mechanism and Machine Science)
- 2018-01-03[PDF] The Art of Companion Planting with Shrubs, Bushes and Vines: A Little Book Full of All the Information You Need
- 2018-01-03[PDF] The Art of Companion Planting with Bulbs, Tubers and Rhizomes: A Little Book Full of All the Information You Need
- 2017-12-30[PDF] The American Way: A Geographical History of Crisis and Recovery
- 2017-12-28[PDF] The Ottomans in Syria: A History of Justice and Oppression (Tauris Academic Studies)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.